./

Sponge

You don't need to take the cog off at all.

Get the hub bolts, screw them in a bit, then hit the non-drive site with a rubber mallet. - This will push the axle through.

This will leave you with the driver etc still on the axle.

(Y)

Just twat it.

Basically, if it's the bmx one, it hasd the two big spacers on the end. - Black is non-drive, silver drive side?

They just press onto the end of the axle, which holds it all together.

When you hit the axle through on the drive side, it'll push everything through, and the end cap will come off, making the axle pull through. Which would have the driver with pawls/everything, and a hub bearing.

It won't damage anything, as long as the bolt is a few good turns in. - Tartybikes told me to do this too. ;)

Be careful that you don't lose any of the wafer thin spacers that go between the drive and hub bearing.

Its true, I know a few BMX riders who wont ride there bike with the slightest rattle or wobble, even if its not even when riding, just if you bounce the bike on its back wheel! but then again I know some who ride anything at all, and are awesome, so I guess its the same as any other sport really.

I'm pretty sure there's meant to be some spacers in between the driver and hub bearing is there not?

Its true, I know a few BMX riders who wont ride there bike with the slightest rattle or wobble, even if its not even when riding, just if you bounce the bike on its back wheel! but then again I know some who ride anything at all, and are awesome, so I guess its the same as any other sport really.

I'm pretty sure there's meant to be some spacers in between the driver and hub bearing is there not?

haha sorry robin, im not immature.

yes.. my profile wobbles and so does my mate.

i belive its that with using selled bearings you dont have cones to tight the bearings to the hub. so you will get a little bit of a wobble,

so dont worry about it

Well, to be frank, there should be no wobble. Profile Europe told me specifically that.

However, now that the axle is out of the hub shell, what I can notice is that the entire driver area is having a tiny bit of 'play' or wobble on the axle. I can't find anyway to tighten this, unless someone can tell me the miracle solution?

I would recommend having a word with Dave or Adam @ tartybikes, they know their shit, and they could probably give you a rather detailed description over the phone, on what you need to look for to correct the problems :)

Yeah I was thinking of that, but since I phoned Profile Europe, I didn't see much point in bothering Dave or Adam, because they'd give a similar response probably. It is understandly difficult to assess problems over the phone, but I hope the local BMX shop can see what the problem is.

Mmm, I have that terrible feeling that I will need new Japanese bearings, shims, and washers :(

Dammit, and I was just saving up for something...

Yeah, it's pretty shit.

I would expect that they just replace it.

Surely there is some kind of warranty in place?

Edited by deanie-b