It Has Been 6 Weeks

wunderboy

I have been riding for almost 6 weeks... total noob. However, I have had a fruitful week and would like to share my accomplishments in the only place that anyone cares... here on the forum. Anyway, I side hopped 5 pallets, though I can only do 4 with consistency. I gapped just over 5 feet from pallet to pallet... almost a bike length:-) My biggest drop is only 4.5 feet or so (it just hurts my blisters so much to drop). Today was the best, though, with a pedal up 4 pallets to back wheel clean 10+ times in a row! For the last week, I have been determined to pedal up anything... but kept kicking the bike out in front of me and planting flat on my back. Honestly, I feel that my helmet has saved me at least 3 times from real damage! Perhaps even better than that, however, is the fact that my blisters have all finally become caluses and I can now ride without cringing every time I pull back. I love my bike. It seems to give me a release from worrying about school all of the time. I am not saying that school is becoming less important.... nevermind, my topic is wandering! Thanks for reading, as anyone merely viewing this topic will make me feel like someone besides me cares!

Edited by wunderboy

Nice progress keep it up. I caught on really slow. It took me a year just how to chain tension and also i don't know how to side hop 4 pallets yet and its been 1 and a half years for me.

Keep it up Aaron!!

Edited by Aaron_W

oh and by the way, what bike do you ride?

I have a bit of an advantage, in that I had the money to get a 221ti. I know it may not have been a responsible decision to buy an expensive bike when I didn't even know if I would like it or not, but, hey, I could... so I did. I am very happy about it, too.

Why have you posted in NMC when you are a full member?

I like to post in new member chat because more people can see and respond. Another reason would be concerning the topic... I just figured that people who had been riding for a long time would not really care about getting up 4 pallets ;)

• 1 month later...

As an update... it has been 10 weeks, and I have, only today, cleared a 6'1" static gap up to a curb.

I have been trying for the last week everyday... then, today, I hit it many times in a row to back wheel.

Having difficulty, though, siding up to the right side... but getting there!

hey man sounds like your enjoying trials from the effort you seem to be putting in to your riding. good to hear your wearing a helmet, a lot of new riders dont think its "cool" to wear one, or say "am only beginning am not gonna do anything big". good on yer.