Monty Hmmmmmmmmmm

chris-rider

right, i have got a monty 221ti and i would like to no what others think to montys because i think ther crap not well designed <_<

ive broke so many things e.g.

spokes snapping

bad freewheel broke

snapped my forks

my monty will end up not being a monty from putting new parts on

could you just tell me what you think of them and your own opinion please ???

thanks

chris :D

Edited by chris-rider

I would sell a testicle for a 221 ti how can you say these things. Its THE trials brand, I've only been on older montys but they were some of the nicest bikes ive even been on, so id say a new one (and the top model at that) would be amazing. What do you ride it on, street or natural? as they are comp bikes so id guess, if you were harsh rider bashing it about the streets you could brake it.

Edited by cal d

nicest riding mods in my eyes

yes i do think that but im just saying i dont know if there made right

i meen i might not be the lighest rider in the world but they are made to du trials and i think they should be stronger

thnx for your opinoin anyway (Y)

I would sell a testicle for a 221 ti how can you say these things. Its THE trials brand, I've only been on older montys but they were some of the nicest bikes ive even been on, so id say a new one (and the top model at that) would be amazing. What do you ride it on, street or natural? as they are comp bikes so id guess, if you were harsh rider bashing it about the streets you could brake it.

i ride natural in comps and im a lightish rider but snapped ma forks going of a 1 foot gap <_<

They are nice bikes maybe not the best but its not fact its opinoin so you might not like it but others might think its the best bike around personaly there not bad bikes really.

Well thats what i think. Matt.

i like it its just when it breaks alot and youve paid so much for it you are kinda gutted

Being fair, it sounds like the only 'Monty' parts you've broken are the forks (they were Monty's own forks?) And when you look at the rest of the bits you've broken it just paints the picture that you ride like a clutz. :blink:

Exactly.

No bike is invincible. I think you may have mis-interpreted the fact that this is primarily a competition bike, or you just like riding like a goon.

In true NMC style, 'Hope this helps mate'

Dean

right, i have got a monty 221ti and i would like to no what others think to montys because i think ther crap not well designed <_<

So using the current biu world champion and a 10x world champion to design there bikes was a bad idea then??

You better tell monty to stop paying those useless spaniards !

Scott :)

out of any bikes ive had all my monty ti's have been the best ever, better quality than any other make! Ive ridden the BIU world rounds on mine and given them some abuse and they were fine. They ride awesome, shame they dont make a really nice geo 26" because i'd have that for the build quality alone. Everything was made from good materials, they didnt dent easy and there single cage pedals are awesome, not like this £10 double cage cheese pedal than bends on the first log u ride over lol. Really good bikes in my opinion.

I've got the 221ti and love it to bits. Wouldnt change it for anything. Not only is it nice but they are designed well.

Yes I have had spokes snap. So when i get in quickly put some more in job done.

The chains are reknown for being weak along with the rotors.

The freewheels are ok, mine died in 2 months so...

Apart from the few problems mines holding up very well and i do use mine for street.

matt

I've got the 221ti and love it to bits. Wouldnt change it for anything. Not only is it nice but they are designed well.

Yes I have had spokes snap. So when i get in quickly put some more in job done.

The chains are reknown for being weak along with the rotors.

The freewheels are ok, mine died in 2 months so...

Apart from the few problems mines holding up very well and i do use mine for street.

matt

i bet your forks will be the next thing to break alot of peoples have done it so i changed mine to echo lites when they snapped and its now a really gurd bike

:D:D

As I have said in an earlier topic, my pedals broke, but all else is fine. Really, if I had known to take the bolts out of the pedals and lock-tight them in place, I think it would still be pristine! They may not be perfect, but they are as close as you can get!

I have a 221 ti 07 and mines running really nicely at the minute (touch wood) the pedals are giving me abit of a hard time, but thats about it, personally i think that monty have designed there bikes bearing in mind the feedback from competition riders, and not street riders, monty do get alot of stick from time to time, but every bike has to break someday, imo they are the best bike on the trials scene to date.

Adam. (Y)

Edited by monty boi