I Am New

jayz_

its a pretty nice bike, look at neil tunnicliffes a1, its all/mostly black and looks amazing.

the a1 is meant to be an amazing bike. many top riders use it.

all of what you said should be alright, if i were you i'd ring tarty to order it as you can get them to get the right length pieces etc etc.

oh and by it being short its wheelbase is shorter, so it will be easier to control. i'd go for the short if i were you.

Edited by Grant H

I've build one on tartybikes.co.uk, just over £900, coming nearer to £1000 actually, as by the time i will be able to afford it - June'ish, it'll almost be my birthday, so hopefully i will be able to get some more money by then :)

this is how it goes:

Frame: Adament A1 07' (Short (would love an explanation on what short or long means in terms of a frame)) - Cost: £299

Forks: Onza TuffGuy - Cost: £39

Headset: FSA Pig - Cost: £17

Stem: FSA OS - Cost: £23

Handlebars: GU Flat Bar - Cost: £30

Front Wheel: Revell Front rim with DMR Revolver hub - Cost: £50

Rear Wheel: Alex DX-32 rim with Hope XC rear hub - Cost: £100

Spokes: 2x Saphim Race 26" - Cost: £30

Tyres: Maxxis Minion (Front & Rear) - Cost: £40

Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Gigapipe - Cost :35

Cranks: Echo Forged - Cost: £52

Pedals: DMR V8 (i thought the Onza VP looked kinda brutal as as i am a newbie i will be smashing the pedals against my shins alot :P) - Cost: £21

Backguard: Adamant - Cost: £20

Front Sprocket: Echo Screw-On - Cost £17

Brakes: Magura HS33's - Cost: £125

Brake Pads: 2x Plazmatic CRM's - Cost: £34

Chain: KMC Kool - Cost: £12

Derailleurs: Onza Trial's Mech - Cost: £18

Shipping: £5

Getting tartybikes.co.uk to build the bike: around £20 to £30 i hope!

Total: £1005 max

Tell me what you think, if there are any bits which arn't compatible and i'll take another look.

thanks in advance

-jamie

btw- on some products ie. the sprockets, next to it, it has a little drop down menu with 13T on, other products have this sort of option, could you just tell me what that means?)

I know this also adds to your budget but I would really get some 2007 echo rims (drilled), they look and ride amazing, also you should get a pro2 trials rear hub and some echo forks. I know this will cost even more but it will make such a difference.

I still suggest a second hand bike. Chances are and this is a very high chance you will dent, strip and nacker your new shiny bike in many ways. This is the way of learning as it goes. Well for many of us. I do highly recommend you don't waste all that money on a new bike. You will encounter problems very quickly no doubt and you won't have any money left to sort it out.

hey although the most resent bike you built is really really nice i.e.

Frame: Adament A1 07' (Short (would love an explanation on what short or long means in terms of a frame)) - Cost: £299

Forks: Onza TuffGuy - Cost: £39

Headset: FSA Pig - Cost: £17

Stem: FSA OS - Cost: £23

Handlebars: GU Flat Bar - Cost: £30

Front Wheel: Revell Front rim with DMR Revolver hub - Cost: £50

Rear Wheel: Alex DX-32 rim with Hope XC rear hub - Cost: £100

Spokes: 2x Saphim Race 26" - Cost: £30

Tyres: Maxxis Minion (Front & Rear) - Cost: £40

Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Gigapipe - Cost :35

Cranks: Echo Forged - Cost: £52

Pedals: DMR V8 (i thought the Onza VP looked kinda brutal as as i am a newbie i will be smashing the pedals against my shins alot :P ) - Cost: £21

Backguard: Adamant - Cost: £20

Front Sprocket: Echo Screw-On - Cost £17

Brakes: Magura HS33's - Cost: £125

Brake Pads: 2x Plazmatic CRM's - Cost: £34

Chain: KMC Kool - Cost: £12

Derailleurs: Onza Trial's Mech - Cost: £18

i wouldn't recommend getting it as a first bike because you'll most probably be falling off and dropping the bike allot so its not such a wise choice getting such a expensive bike however the first bike you were considering the onza t-Rex spec1 is the best option and if i was you i would have a good look around for a second hand one thats about the same spec because you don't really want to be spending so much money because you might not even stick to the sport

Edited by danny<('o')>

ye, i have decided to go for the Onza T-Rex Spec1 and purchase some Plazmantic CRM's brake pads, if i still like the sport and improve it abit after say a year and half or so or when i see fit to pruchase another bike, i will buy a more expensive one then

thanks for all your advice really helped me alot :)

just cant wait to order it :D

-jayz

ye, i have decided to go for the Onza T-Rex Spec1 and purchase some Plazmantic CRM's brake pads, if i still like the sport and improve it abit after say a year and half or so or when i see fit to pruchase another bike, i will buy a more expensive one then

thanks for all your advice really helped me alot :)

just cant wait to order it :D

-jayz

Wise choice but I would buy one second-hand. Then if you decide you want a better bike either buy new parts or sell it.

Wise choice but I would buy one second-hand. Then if you decide you want a better bike either buy new parts or sell it.

i was gonna make an offer, just, wondering if i should go for 2nd hand-bike or stick with a new one..?

Find a used bike in your area and meet up with the seller. Might be an idea if you took a friend who knows a bit about trials with you. He could help you decide whether the bike you want is indeed in good condition and worth the money. Oh, and I wouldn't advise buying anything on this forum...