Front To Backs

Egg Fried Rice

Helllo all

right, i have watched tra and JamesB video i see them do front to backs so quickly. i can do it the normal way but i love the way you can do it faster.

does this involve like a 'tap' on the front wheel with no brake?? their rear wheel is still below the wall too :blink:

i have no idea what so ever so any help will be excellent.

thanks

JK

For a start you need to get quite a lot of air, then lean over the bars and punch the front wheel into the landing. This will make the bike bounce up again, then it's just a matter of throwing the rear wheel under you. It's actually a really easy move.

If you want to do it onto the very edge of a wall, practice on something much bigger.

I hated these for so long but theres a couple of things I found helped:

1: Dont do it from a pavement up a wall. More often then not, you need to drop your front end REALLY low and the pavement will just get in the way. find a gap first

2: For that instant quick swap as JT said find an upwards slope. The slope will give you a bit more something (height? boing? not sure) but either way it helps LOADS.

3: Don't do it REALLY close to the thing. I was gapping from just over bike length away and found I coudn't get any bosch to really get into the move. try it a bit further away so you can give it more pasty

4: Get your weight right. You dont need it too far front for the boing technique but enough so that your bike "levels out" mid air and your close to horizontal

5: no front brake and if poss grab the back brake as soon as you stop moving. That bit of extra roll may help you to stay on

Thats all I can think of. Once you get them though, they're so fun, especially on up slopes :D

Simon (the Chink) and i were doing these from static on a rock in Battersea park about 2 years ago.

Before I'd seen it on a vertical wall we'd seen Keita do it on a rock with a curved top.

So if you get it right and a decently sloped rock, you can do it from static too.

All this helps with the knack you need to do it on vertical walls.

Front to backs can be done with no front brake but only on a wall - never try that on a rail or you will end up with no teeth! Personally i try and do them with a front brake all the time so you can have a tiny bit of a flick when you make contact with the front wheel (Y) . Why don't you 'PM TRA, or something, and ask him for some tips if he's who you have been watching?

Cheers,

Joe.

Simon (the Chink) and i were doing these from static on a rock in Battersea park about 2 years ago.

Before I'd seen it on a vertical wall we'd seen Keita do it on a rock with a curved top.

So if you get it right and a decently sloped rock, you can do it from static too.

All this helps with the knack you need to do it on vertical walls.

The chink??? :blink: im sorry but is he chinese or something? cos i am :unsure:

thanks everyone so far, i will try it lol see what happens.

JK