Changing The Length Of Magura Hose

UrbanPoet

You will need a new olive. Just cut the hseing to the lenght u want slide the olive on. Put the end of the hseing into the maggy leverbody and whilest pushing the hoseing into the maggy all the time dont let off slide the olive down the hoseing so it goes into the lever body and then tighten the shround nut into the body whilest still pushing the hoseing and then once the nut is done up your all done.

You will need a new olive. Just cut the hseing to the lenght u want slide the olive on. Put the end of the hseing into the maggy leverbody and whilest pushing the hoseing into the maggy all the time dont let off slide the olive down the hoseing so it goes into the lever body and then tighten the shround nut into the body whilest still pushing the hoseing and then once the nut is done up your all done.

Hmmm, I have no new olives. Any way to re-use them?

offtopic ***.

Aaanyhow..

Cut the hose down to the right length, get the new olive, get the fitting that goes over the olive and put that on first.

Then get the new olive, and slide it on.

Then simply do the fitting up in the lever/cylinder. - This will squish the olive into place, and clamp it onto the hose.

If it's got the barbed fittings, like on the crossover, then watch PaRtZ's video.

nb: Not sure if that video shows olive fitting's too..i only watched the crossover bit...

Edit: Ok, so it does tell you the olive part, but at least I didn't say 'orly?' :turned:

Edited by Dan6061