Wellgo Mg-1 Pedals

Elliot

same as hognesiums i believe? good pedals, just don't twat them to hard as the pins will tear out, i know my gusset slimjim mag pedals aren't keen when i twat them ultra hard, saying that, they have taken a good amount of abuse and grip beautifully, may be worth a look into them aswell as they are a similar price

I've had a few pairs, and I can't seem to ride with any other pedals now! They are ridiculously grippy, very light, but definitely not the strongest pedals out there. Pedals can tear out pretty easily as the magnesium body is quite soft. Also, keep an eye on the axles - one of mine became slightly loose on a ride, and by the end of the day it tore itself out of the pedal body! (But that was due to not tightening the axle and continuing to ride without sorting it - didn't have the tools).

I'm making them sound worse than they are, I love them to bits!

I've had a few pairs, and I can't seem to ride with any other pedals now! They are ridiculously grippy, very light, but definitely not the strongest pedals out there. Pedals can tear out pretty easily as the magnesium body is quite soft. Also, keep an eye on the axles - one of mine became slightly loose on a ride, and by the end of the day it tore itself out of the pedal body! (But that was due to not tightening the axle and continuing to ride without sorting it - didn't have the tools).

I'm making them sound worse than they are, I love them to bits!

Cheers guys, I think I might get some, but is the surface area nice and large? compared to v8s for example?

I've had Hognesiums (the same as Mg-1) and I wasn't too happy with them. The pins tear out really quickly and you can't replace them without drilling a hole right through and screwing a normal screw in. The metal is soft and easy to damage and while they did offer incredibly good grip for the first few months, they soon made big holes in my shoes which reduced the grip significantly :mellow:

In terms of weight they're amazing but if you've got the money, spend it on the new Koxx pedals. They weigh just over 300g and the way the pins are mounted seems more reliable.

I've had Hognesiums (the same as Mg-1) and I wasn't too happy with them. The pins tear out really quickly and you can't replace them without drilling a hole right through and screwing a normal screw in.

Yeah, ditto that.

They are really nice pedals to start with though, bearings are nice and they just feel expensive. But you WILL lose pins after a few weeks which is a bit of a shame. If you can be bothered to drill holes, tap them and replace pins, then they're probably OK, but I couldn't be bothered.

bloody brilliant pedals... cant ride anything else now.

on my 2nd pair in 3years (the other pair is stil goin strong just scratched to buggery.)

definately get some... there are lots of copies out there and yeah same sorta pedal size as v8/12s... same as the onzas,nc17s and more.

they're very good and popular pedals... my new set are on a karbon and the whole bike weighs 9.94kgs.. Definatley get some!

If you never hit your pedals theyre ok. However the bodys are incredibly weak, Ive seen enough shatterd pairs. The other problem is the bearings are utter bollocks. Ive seen a fair few body pull straight off the axles because the tiny bearings popped. If your light and ride natural they should be fine. Wouldnt recomend for street though

in my eyes they are not worth the money... realy good pedals but they dont last long...

i get 3x pair of VP pedals for the same price as 1x pair Wellgo pedals...

VP last longer ;)

BUT... the Wellgo are waaay lighter than VP

Edited by t33zr