Free Games For Vista?

Class Clown

The majority of games that i've tried running under vista don't work. Those that do, crash very often apparently due to DX10.

mine all work perfect :) do you have the 64 bit version ? or right click on the game icon go into properties then go into compatability then put it as windows xp service pack 2 if non of that works try and get the latest driver downloads for your vid card.

Paul

mine all work perfect :) do you have the 64 bit version ? or right click on the game icon go into properties then go into compatability then put it as windows xp service pack 2 if non of that works try and get the latest driver downloads for your vid card.

It's 32bit, so far I've tried Homeworld 2, Empire Earth, NFS Carbon, C&C Generals, only NFS worked (under 98/ME compatibility :P) but for a limited time only. Now it crashes after a few minutes :( Chess and Inkball are good so they keep me entertained. Drivers are also new, I'm going to upgrade a few parts soon maybe my pc isn't powerful enough to run that system and a largish game at the same time

Two very nice games are Americas Army (if you have a fast connection) and Wolfenstien Enemy Territory. Both run flawlessly on Vista and you can get them both from a Polish website which has an OK server: www.cda.pl they are on the left.

EDIT

As said above they require to be run in Compat mode but otherwise your fine.

Edited by mark145