Moving Out Of Home

froggy

i'm 19 and still live with my parents, but after being in australia for a year on my own i can't stand not having my own freedom and space at home. i'm thinking about moving out and am looking for some advice. theres 2 options i have in mind; moving out by myself or moving out with a friend.

moving out by myself, i would imagine would cost a little more but moving out with someone else (if i can find someone) seems more convinient.

at the moment i'm only on £180 per week and all i would have to move into a flat would be my computer, my precious guitars, my bed and tellyvizzle. what would costs be like on £180 per week? i have no idea what i would have to pay other than rent, council tax, internet is a must have and food and how much these cost. allthough, on top of that i'm going to need to buy a crap load of stuff.. furniture, microwave, toaster, kettle and all those little things that add up..

So, whats your advice?

adam

Where d'you wanna live? Just because, for example, if you were living in London, on £180 a week it'd be pretty frickin' tight. In some little village though it'd be fine.

Sounds do-able no matter where you go, but yeah, I doubt you'd have much/any spare cash.

So, whats your advice?

don't do it till you earn more money ?

Maybe consider a shared house with people you don't know? The sort of thing where you get a room and communal kitchen/bathrooms. Rent round here is pretty disgusting and you can sort one of those for anywhere between £300-400 a month all-inclusive.

It could work out well or you could end up living with a bunch of loons from Ghana or somewhere equally odd but I've enjoyed the couple of places like that I've lived.