Help With Motocross

righty, last week i did a motocross try out with honda and used a honda crf 100 and it was a full day and i did really well and loved it and the guy said that was teach me said i was going well and thought i was natural at it so he said i should start motocross . heres the thing he said i should start motocross but i dont know what bike to get becasue a cr80 big wheel is to small and so is the honda crf 100 but the honda crf250 is big on size and power and a 125 two stoke kills your arm and it will make things hard becasue i am now been on a four stroke.

so can anyone help me picking what cc and a make or size???

cheers .chris .

aight,i used to do the british championships,so ill try help out.

firstly,whether you were good or not,the guy will say you are,because you can guarantee he'll make money out of you buying a bike.

secondly,the cc you get will depend on your age if you want to race.

3rdly 1252stroke and 250 fourstroke are in the same class.a 125 2stroke wont kill your arms anymore than any other bike will,if you wanna race,you gotta be at the gym at least 4 nights a week,i started going when i was 12.

if your just gonna get one to ride round in a field on,then if your under 16,a big wheeled 85 will be fine,or an old 100cc 2stroke,if your over 16,125 twostroke or 250 fourstorke is what you want.although 125cc 2strokes can only be raced at select meetings now,because theres a ban coming in soon on all 2stroke bikes due to pollution.

hope this helps

Carl

hi i dont ride any more stop a couple of months ago a crf 150 is the same size a a big wheel 85 so i wouldnt go for one of them, a 250f wil be your best bet, i am 16 now and i started riding 125 at the age of 14 and it was fine for me even thou i couldnt really put my feet on the ground, but as the ban is cuming in go for a 250f hope this has helped benny boi

• 4 weeks later...

I've switched from a YZ-F 250 to a KX 125 because i like lighter bikes. I personally find the 2 stroke easier to ride as it's lighter and the YZ-F was a T**T to start.

As "The trials commentator" said, it depend on your age if you want to race. But you can't go wrong with a 125 (Y)

two strokes rule! they are lighter and faster than a four stroke of the same cc, but wear out quicker.

Get a trials motorbike, I did, no regrets at all. They are a bit slow but they're designed for throwing at rocks not racing, although they're not to bad at that either...

Mine is a 1988, still on its original big end, needs a new little end. Its a Yamaha ty250R