post-334-1181067514_thumb.jpg

post-334-1181067527_thumb.jpg

post-334-1181067537_thumb.jpg

post-334-1181067548_thumb.jpg

post-334-1181067559_thumb.jpg

post-334-1181067571_thumb.jpg

post-334-1181067582_thumb.jpg

some from the same ride in the stream.

and a couple from the competition up at cowling pinnacle. One of the up and coming stars of Trials, 10 years old (i think) and hes extremly good!!! or shud i say "a bit gud that lad is!"

Waynio.....................

i will say one thing, his mum and dad are very supportive!!!! he has something that not many lads have, and WILL have a future in trials.

I would say he will be as good as Ben Savage (just give him a few years!!!) he is learning SOOOO fast and can manouvre that bike extremly well.

He will be on a Koxx XTP2 extremly soon and will be fully supported by me and Aire Valley Cycles, i would like to see him at the worlds next year, so may need extended funds myself to be able to get him to go. :)

Waynio.........................

Are his parents involved in trials at all, as it seems most of the really good guys are e.g. Danny Butler, Vince Hermance. Or did he just sorta see you guys doing and think, Id like to give that a go?

if hes 10 now, I guess hes been riding a year or so? Best of luck to him!

year a year n half maybe 2.

his mum helps out at tykes and his dad goes round with him at the comps, i think he was into motorbikes before cyclo trials, probably why he is so good at moving the bike about (Y):)

His mum and dad have given him their full support, hes always out training with me, he always wants to go out and it has encouraged me to do alot more too. its sometimes good to have someone to look upto, even though he is younger than me!!!! its good to have someone who is keen and learning.

Waynio......................

Trouble is, at that age theres not much to interest a boy.

Once you start getting into girls/other sports/cars/beer etc it kinda go's to pot!

I know at a few XC races i attended, the parents were living their dreams through the kids, and were pushing them so hard they had to do it rather than want to do it.

Once they got old enough to say no, they stopped.

Anyways, looks liek he's doing well for sure!

Trouble is, at that age theres not much to interest a boy.

Once you start getting into girls/other sports/cars/beer etc it kinda go's to pot!

I know at a few XC races i attended, the parents were living their dreams through the kids, and were pushing them so hard they had to do it rather than want to do it.

Once they got old enough to say no, they stopped.

Anyways, looks liek he's doing well for sure!

Little Rob was out for 3 hours last night practicing in the street with a plank and 2 bricks. it was ace just watching him work out ways of gapping, side hoppinng, endoing and loads of other ways of getting over it. He didn't even know I was watching him. ^_^

That imo is not being a pushy parent, when you do have kids you can live your dreams through them only if they enjoy doing it, my lad has inspired me to take the sport up and he is only 9. (Y)

I know Jack and I can say he wants to do it it is as simple as that.

JP

will be fully supported by me and Aire Valley Cycles, i would like to see him at the worlds next year, so may need extended funds myself to be able to get him to go. :)

Good to see people supporting thats the spirit waynio take it easy bud

im sure Robbie P and Jack C will be big names in trials, and iv got a feeling they will be at each others necks (in a good way) it will be like Cesar Canas and Benito Ros. (Y):) the futures bright

i remember when i used to be like that John, a couple of bricks were the best thing ever, still do it now every so often in the back garden.

Went to the gym yesterday and found something else id like to put in my training, ROWING!!!! fun as.

• 3 years later...