Cracked My Frame...

Dan6061

post-6343-1181124014_thumb.jpg

Only on the bashplate mount, bu still...

Just thought i'd worry some of you. :P

I barely ever go to bash, never go on purpose, only when I slip down. It has had some harsh knocks there though...

Mines exactly the same, its where the twats at onza have welded a frame up and then ground the weld off again. Its not obstructing the bash so why bother?!?!

Take note supercycles, remove the grinding process, save yourself some build time and us a load of hassle.

Oh and by the way, Zona's aren't covered by the half price replacement policy, and I told them it was structural damage on mine: :lol:

Me: "Could I have a new Zona Zip frame on the half price replacement policy please, mine is cracked, would I be able to keep my old one on my wall?", (yeh right, the new one would go on my wall, the old one would stay on my bike).

SS: "No sorry mate, the Zonas aren't covered."

Me: "But they are made by Onza?!"

SS: "Ah well you see, erm, yeh well, actually they should be but meh."

Me: "What about my second hand T-Pro frame, its been cracked and welded three times, looks a right mess and I repainted it. And I havn't got a reciept or anything."

SS: "Nah thats fine, we can only offer you another T-Pro, but the fact that it doesn't resemble a T-Pro anymore doesn't bother us."

They need the policy re-writing, they wouldn't let me have the saving transferred onto a T-Mag, either. They wouldn't even give me a slight discount on a T-Mag frame, not even £20 off.

Mines exactly the same, its where the twats at onza have welded a frame up and then ground the weld off again. Its not obstructing the bash so why bother?!?!

Take note supercycles, remove the grinding process, save yourself some build time and us a load of hassle.

Oh and by the way, Zona's aren't covered by the half price replacement policy, and I told them it was structural damage on mine: :lol:

Me: "Could I have a new Zona Zip frame on the half price replacement policy please, mine is cracked, would I be able to keep my old one on my wall?", (yeh right, the new one would go on my wall, the old one would stay on my bike).

SS: "No sorry mate, the Zonas aren't covered."

Me: "But they are made by Onza?!"

SS: "Ah well you see, erm, yeh well, actually they should be but meh."

Me: "What about my second hand T-Pro frame, its been cracked and welded three times, looks a right mess and I repainted it. And I havn't got a reciept or anything."

SS: "Nah thats fine, we can only offer you another T-Pro, but the fact that it doesn't resemble a T-Pro anymore doesn't bother us."

They need the policy re-writing, they wouldn't let me have the saving transferred onto a T-Mag, either. They wouldn't even give me a slight discount on a T-Mag frame, not even £20 off.

wtf.

at you not at supercycles.

wtf.

at you not at supercycles.

At me what?

The policy should include Zonas, they are made by the same company. This also seems to be a reacurring problem, so why havn't they realised and stopped grinding the weld off?

The mount is weak because it is weak, not because they've ground the weld down.

Also although Onza and Zona are "sister" companies, it is only Onza that offer the half price crash replacement and not Zona.

The mount is weak because it is weak, not because they've ground the weld down.

Also although Onza and Zona are "sister" companies, it is only Onza that offer the half price crash replacement and not Zona.

From what my Dad has seen, it has been welded and then ground flat. He has been working in engineering for 29 years so I trust him, if he is wrong then I appologise.

I heard they were made in the same factory by the same company and supplied by the same suppliers. If they are sister companies then I can understand why the warrenty doesn't apply. Actually I think they should have a warrenty incase of manufacturing faults, but other than that they are trials frames so they do get a hammering.

I did go of the handle a bit there, but that is what happened. Not word for word, but they weren't exactly helpful. What is said is correct for the conversation I had with supercycles just a few weeks ago.

:unsure:

Well from what I know, Echos etc and Koxx's are made in the same factory and to be honest, the half price replacement is one of the best warranty in the trials market. Most companies wont do anything. I know it covers tensile products but its their choice whether they want to cover Zonas as well.

Edited by kcchan

Well from what I know, Echos etc and Koxx's are made in the same factory and to be honest, the half price replacement is the best warranty in the trials market. Most companies wont do anything. I know it covers tensile products but its their choice whether they want to cover Zonas as well.

Really? I thought that most frames were covered.

It does seem a bit daft to offer it on a trials frame to be honest now I think about it, it's all very well saying it's terrible but they would never make any money otherwise.

Sorry SS, I feel like a right noob now! Actually when I got my Zona, it came quickly and didn't cause any fuss, so thats good. Not as quick as Tarty but your only human, three days is fine by me.

I ordered from tarty the other day at 8:00PM, expecting it to come in a couple of days, it came the same day they dispatched it at 4:30PM.

Having thought about it, I was a dick to have a go so quickly. Sorry. :unsure:

I didn't realised it'd happened to so many people. :blink:

Not bothered about getting a replacement, I can't be arsed at the end of they day. Just gunna get a bashguard and use that. - Was going to do that ages ago, but didn't really see the point when the bashplate was fine.

One question: Why is your frame silver in the above pic, but blue in your personal pic?

It was grey, didn't like it, so I stripped it and sprayed it blue. That got really chipped/scratched and shitty, so I just stripped it.

My mate did that in the first 3 days of having one,

Im assuming you're not referring to a brand new one? :blink: I've done drop gaps and slid harshly onto my zonas bash and it was crack free for a year and a half

Unlucky dan. Seems they're not invincible after all :( gutted lol still damn good frames though