Following A Recent Topic

horner_boi

hey guys, following a recent topic....

How Much Is Your Site Worth

and looking at how much some of the trials websites are worth do you think there could be any chance for us guys, to buy shares in trials-forum or otn, maybe that way the website could progress if money if being put in, and maybe people could have there say on some changes or improvments they think should happen to the site

let me know what you think but i honestly think it would be a good idea and a way of expanding and improving the trials sites, maybe buying shares the money put in could be put towards buying links or more majour websites to get more publicity and get it more known and more coverage

crap idea or ok.....your comments please

ian

To be honest, its a forum mate, not an oil company. The changes of this site expanding to a secure financial income are slim. To make money on this site they need to advertise like hell and more than likely charge for subscription...whilst 70% wouldn't mind paying a one off fee, no new members will want to do it.

Buying shares is a dead end in my opinion, you can have all the money in the world and make the best looking website on the net, but it wont make a difference to the hits this site will get, trials is a slim market.

As I understand the situation, the Danny and Tom do the upkeep work, sponsers (Tarty, Select, Cleanbikes etc) have a good market from this site and pay the admin for the benefits, the money covers all fees with maybe a little left over for themselves?

I dont really think (although I may be wrong) that Danny or Tom want to turn the website into a mass cash income, remember, less is sometimes more.

I suppose the best way you can help the site is clicking the adverts every so often, proving that the advertising works and probably attracting more sponsers.

Edited by anzo

i was more thinking that if the word of what we actually do and that we dont actually damage anything, then maybe next time your out riding you local village or town then maybe the police or local shop keeper wont move you on because they might be interested in what you do, also if they know what we do they will also know what we do and that we aint going to hurt anybody....i only say this as this is what i get on a day to day business and am getting kind of annoyed with it

ian

Meh, live with it. You can't educate those who don't want to be educated, trials defines gravity, If that doesn't interest them then I doubt much else will. The problem is that we DO damage things, seen walls in any city centre? They're all smashed up by bashplates. We like to think what we do is all innocent and harmless, but in reality is really isn't.

I suppose the best way you can help the site is clicking the adverts every so often, proving that the advertising works and probably attracting more sponsers.

(Y)

That how much is your site worth is bollocks really. Its only worth what someone would actually pay for it. The last and only offer we had was way less (although a nice amount) but they just wanted it to stick adverts all over it.

As for how much we get, on a good month just enough to cover costs and a little more as said. The extra will soon be spent on a server upgrade and it gives us a little financial security for when the money dries up a bit (winter).

That how much is your site worth is bollocks really. Its only worth what someone would actually pay for it. The last and only offer we had was way less (although a nice amount) but they just wanted it to stick adverts all over it.

Can I ask how much, or is it confidential? Just curious :)

Can I ask how much, or is it confidential? Just curious :)

Not enough considering the amount of hours of development we've put into the place, thats all your getting :P

Either way I personally wouldn't want to sell up - specially if all they want it for is to plaster the place in adverts/ruin it, not until google want to take it over anyway ;)