Rain

shogun_gimp

Hi people.

Right, I know its raining over the next couple of days.... so I was thinking why not ride in the rain? But then I thought but thats maybe harder than normal? Right or Wrong?

So my point of this is.... Do anyone ride in the rain? If so what should I DO and NOT DO?

Is it better or worse?

Thanks for the help

Nigel

Edited by shogun_gimp

i quite enjoy riding in the rain some of the time but only if im already out and it starts to rain, i wouldnt just go out to ride in the rain thats just silly lol. id say it improves your control because you dont rely on brakes asmuch.

Rails and tar are bad, disc's and grinds are good. and just check the surface that your riding on.

Bennett

Edited by ToastKing

I have rode in the rain and to be honest I hate it, the walls are slippery and it doesn’t feel very nice because you have to land on the obstacle properly because when it is dry your tyre slips or something like that but in the wet everything goes, the brake and the wheel and your feet slip of the pedals and I would not recommend it to you because I don't think your rear brake will hold out so I say no.

I have rode in the rain and to be honest I hate it, the walls are slippery and it doesn’t feel very nice because you have to land on the obstacle properly because when it is dry your tyre slips or something like that but in the wet everything goes, the brake and the wheel and your feet slip of the pedals and I would not recommend it to you because I don't think your rear brake will hold out so I say no.

That makes no sence at all!

Grind your rim and ride in the rain it make it more fun :)

get your self a good deep grind, make sure your grips are nice and tight, water proof your self, and ride as you would in the sun, it will do NOTHING but improve your riding, and if your bored of your local spots, you may find it quite entertaing as it adds a slight bit more thinking about, and you may have to approch stuff at new angles!!!

riding in the rain makes things more difficult but if you just ride like normal when its next dry you can go bigger and better. it improves your balance and your control and it gives me more confodence for when its dry.

if you dont have a gring then i would be very careful cos you will slip all over the place.

wear a helmet and get out there (Y)

Steve.