Phatpad Review...

Kieran Morrison

Hey, in the need of new pads 'cos my heatsink yellows have dissapeared.

I know about the pad review section blah blah blah just there is no reviews of phat pads after the newest ones were released.

Can some people tell me the pros and cons of these pads?

Is the bite good is my main question?

And would they be good to hold my 7stone body? haha.

Cheers guys.

No i'm just asking for the pros and cons of this pad, not "whats better this pad or this pad".

I dont want anyone posting "get lgms" or something because im only interested in phat pads.

Then post in the Pad review section. If there's no comments about Phat Pads, then ask and hope to get a reply. No need for a seperate topic really. :unsure:

Then post in the Pad review section. If there's no comments about Phat Pads, then ask and hope to get a reply. No need for a seperate topic really. :unsure:

Never thought of that :unsure:

Oh well, this topic is already here so i will remember not to make a new one for next time.

Anybody got a review?!

Just asked rab!

Get some there amazing and im 16stone!

He said he hadnt put his on yet.

He has- said to me best pads straight from the box- I ve my phatpads- gonna be running front and rear tomorow- will never change pads- there performance is the same in dry and wet- amazing bite and hold

Okay mate cheers :)

Is their wear time good? do they last long i mean?

And do they have good bite even in the rain?

Edited by Kieran Morrison

Okay mate cheers :)

Is their wear time good? do they last long i mean?

And do they have good bite even in the rain?

wear life is realy good. im on same set of pads i stole off mike half used then ive had them about 8 months and got aroudn 3mm left

i used...and still using pha pads in plastic backing that mike gave to me 2 and a half years ago when he wisited croatia.

in my case they didnt work perfect strait out f box, they needed short time to bed in and then started to work perfect, as somebody said, same performance on dry and wet, even mud and dust.

thing i have noticed is that they didnt produce same sound on all kind of rims.

when i got them i was using dx 32 and sound was wery loud, and then i switched to echo ( i thinh 2009...maybe 08) and they lost the sound, but remain performance, now i have try all hole rim and they have perfect performance but sound is not so loud like it was on dx 32. ( i know it also depends on what king of grind you use them)

about bite, i mounted them on fresh grind and they had great bite on fresh gring ( medium) and bite remaind great as grind becoming dead

wear life is one of the best thing, i use them almost 2,5 years ( to be honest i did put them in front for some time so it stopped wearing to much...but....) and now they are " finaly" dead with 1 mm left

i hope i coud help, and forgive me if ( i know i did) did grammar mistakes

dont want anyone posting "get lgms" or something because im only interested in phat pads.

Then buy them?

Yea there great pads ive had like 5 sets, don't need anything else, work on all rims, great bite and hold. Too loud on a harsh grind though.

dont want anyone posting "get lgms" or something because im only interested in phat pads.

Then buy them?

Yea there great pads ive had like 5 sets, don't need anything else, work on all rims, great bite and hold. Too loud on a harsh grind though.

Then buy them?

You already said that?

I was meaning when i said im only interested in them as in i dont want people saying how good lgms are or any other pad i just want told about phat pads.

And yea im buying some when i have ze moneyy.