26" V 24" Wheels

Matt Vandart

I am currently running 24" rims on my AMB mainly because that is all I had.

Other reasons include i am a short ass so it helps me get my feet on the floor if I need to without busting my nuts and I like 24" wheels generally.

Seeing as I am going to be buying a King hub pretty soon I thought well I may as well change to 26 now if I am going to.

Can you please supply reasons for bothering.

Thanks.

Ok do you find it really makes a difference to rolling over shit?

My main reason for asking is I havnt had a 26" mountain bike for years (about 8-10years)

Would 26" front 24 help me at all or am I clutching at straws?

I am trying to reduce cost as much as possibles.

Edited by Matt Vandart

Yeah, seeing as there's a bit of a debate about whether 29" will be the new big thing in DH and AM, smaller doesn't sound like that good an idea. I think the future may be 29" front, 26" rear but am willing to be shot down and/or proven wrong.

recently ive heard only good things about 29ers - in the same way people who try apples also say theyd never go back. lots of raving so there must be something better about the bigger wheel (or the pros outway the cons)

Slightly off topic, Im very temped by the new 29er trend mainly because id like this 'antifreez snow bike'!!

Lucid Cycles

Slightly off topic, Im very temped by the new 29er trend mainly because id like this 'antifreez snow bike'!

Don't go 29" unless you can try it at a local trail first, they are quite different in the way they ride and will suit certain terrain more than others.

Not a big fan myself. Certainly find that 650b feels the best out of the whole 29er, 96er, 69er and 650 larger wheel stuff.

Would rather stick with 26" for all round riding really but they are pretty good for full on xc.

Edited by ZeroMatt