Cranks For 24" Build.

BJ.

Basically i'm building an Inspired and i'm trying to buy a new set of cranks to bolt to it.
I've always liked the look of Shimano Saints but not sure what model I'll need & what length.
as well as that i'm unsure what width BB id need to run. Someone has also mentioned i need to make sure the cranks have a granny ring (what ever that is :ermm:)
Really struggling here.

Can someone just send me a link so I can just order a set of cranks!
Either: Saint, SLX or ZEE.

Cheers.

saint or slx.

saints are heavier and overkill though, seriously, im running deores ffs and cant tell a different in stiffness, theres nothing maijor to think about.

im getting slx soon so it litterally down to preferance, and ive found that zee's are in between slx and saint when it comes to stiffness, but all 3 cranks are stiff and strong enough as it is.

its weight at the end of the day, strength isnt a massive thing to worry about, there all strong cranks and will last ages :)

EDIT: the 170mm cranks give you a tiny bit more clearance, and 175mm feels like your moving more, but i prefer 170mm cranks because im smaller :)

Edited by JJ Leigh

saint or slx.

saints are heavier and overkill

zee's are in between slx and saint when it comes to stiffness

So why are you recommending SLX or saint if saints are heavy and overkill and you can't tell the difference between Zee and saint? why not just get Zee?

Have you ever owned Saints JJ? They're not overkill for everyone, same way 203 rotors aren't. I'm not a huge fan of the weight, but that will always outweigh a broken ankle for me. I wouldn't use Deore cranks long term, they're probably ok, but people go all different levels of big and are all different weights.

Yes if you weigh 10 stone and don't go mad then you can use any crank you like the look of.

• Like 1

my bad, slx arent the heaviest, forgot to mention that. BJ just get what you want mate, cranks are cranks when it comes to these types really :S

if this turns negative because of my view then god help us...

yeah Leon ive used them for about a day on a friends bike and couldnt tell much difference between deores :) and yeah fair point.