Sidehop Advice Please

deanie-b

Right, some of you will be aware that I'm an absolute shitter on a bike, and sidehop to my lead foot. Basically, I need advice on how to switch to sidehopping 'properly', can anyone help me to get this method?

Whenever I try it, i can barely make 15 inches, and I just look more stupid then before.

Any help from the sidehop beasts on here would be appreciated :)

whats wrong with sidehopping the same side as your lead foot, if it works it works (theres no right or wrong way to sidehop IMO/ what you say is a proper sidehop isn't really true), whats more important is being able to go both ways, an you'll probably alwaays go higher 1 side than the other. just practice both ways, the more you practice the better you'll get.

There are lots of advantages of going to the opposite direction to your lead foot and i'm sure you'll find them if you do a search. Can you name more than 1 very good rider who don't sidehop that way?

i could name lots of riders who go big both ways, thats more important after all, i know the advantages, but sum people just find it easier going same foot to same side, so y stop doing summit your better at just because eeryone says its not a "proper" sidehop, a sidehop is a sidehop no matter what way u do it after all.

There are lots of advantages of going to the opposite direction to your lead foot and i'm sure you'll find them if you do a search. Can you name more than 1 very good rider who don't sidehop that way?

I think Neil Tunnicliffe does. Noticed it the other day.

Edited by kcchan

i was more confident at side hoping to my lead foot, but i can do the same height to my opposite side, even though its low but im getting better, lol, slowly but surely, i just kept practising it comes like everything else you learn on the bike,

tom

i think the inurs '1 very good rider' was neil.

Its been known for a long time that neil sidehops to lead foot side

Oh, I slightly misread it. I thought he said name 1 very good rider. Also I just so happened to notice it the other day. Never knew he sidehopped to his lead foot.