Danny Holroyd 24seven Bike

maxxis26

been saving money for a really good frame set and spoted the holroyd bike for sale on ebay

for £250 a pop

has anyone got one and how do they ride?

any help appreciated

cheers maxxis

post-11300-1183507527_thumb.jpg

Edited by maxxis26

I would imagine they ride just like an 05 pitbull as the frame looks identical, Id go for it, they were pretty good (Y)

they probably have different geo to the 05 pitbul so i doubt that it will ride the same.

They seem to not be liked much by people on here, but they are so rare that no-one could have ridden one hardly, I think its just because its a 24/7.

I'd go for it, its a decent looking frame kit.

I seem to remember the geo on these is quite nice, so i would say go for it. I believe it has 135 normal stock spaceing aswell even though it uses horizontal dropouts.

116mm spacing. They are a lush bike to ride. I rode one a few months ago when I was looking for a new stock to replace the Giant. Anyways, get one, they are well worth the £250 that they are advertised for.

If you are currently riding a bike with 135mm rear spacing, you will need to buy a new rear hub. Maybe a profile or a King BMX hub. Alternetavly you could get a fixed hub and run a front freewheel. Then the shopping list grows a bit. You'd probably need new cranks, fixed hub and a front freewheel. The good thing about a front freewheel setup is that it's easier to replace the freewheel if it breaks. without having to buy another new hub and get it built up.

Up to you really mate.

Hope this helps

Tom

I would imagine they ride just like an 05 pitbull as the frame looks identical, Id go for it, they were pretty good (Y)

quite the oposite..

they have a fair bit of bb rise i think?

darrens rode yummy, heavy!but yummy, the heavynees was probaly from his spec though, his died, but he did put it through hell of a lot and i dont call him Big D for nothing..

so yeah

id reccomend them :)

personaly i think 24seven make some of the most gorgeous bikes going. i dont no if youve seen it or not but theres a guy who got one for his first trials bike its orange and it is beautiful and its amazing ect ect.! oh yh i almost forgot i went to a bike show up north and saw one there, im not sure bout the spec but i was lucky enough to have ago and it reli felt like a mod dont ask me why but acording to my perants i was so much smoother on it. it felt like a toy! i love them but then thats me

Hope thats helped!

take a look and make a note of the rides below

just reading the comment would i be better of getting a pitbull

is it cheaper, stronger? :unsure:

The ZOO! Pitbull is most probably stronger but if you look at the price on the link, it is most definatly not cheaper. The Holroyd frame on Ebay is only £250 with BB, cranks, bars and stem. You may already have all this but you can sell the bits you don't want to get some money back (Y) Cool!!!

unfortunatly ive missed out on the ones on ebay but i got a price direct from 24 seven

and its cheeper than ebay so i will be getting one an pics will be up as soon as its built as well

as a video

cheers for the help guys

been saving money for a really good frame set and spoted the holroyd bike for sale on ebay

for £250 a pop

has anyone got one and how do they ride?

any help appreciated

cheers maxxis

well they probably ride like the 05 zoo pitbull because the frame design looks exactly the same and the lenght and bb rise looks about the same.

• 2 months later...
ive got a 24 seven holroyd its luss 2 ride im selling it cuz im lookin for a 20 inch

make me an ofwer or if anyone wants 2 swop

You bumped an old topic to say it was useless. I guess that was what you were trying to say.

They ride alright to be fair, i'll say it again, the geo is almost the same as a Control and look how popular they are/were.

The reason i don't get on with mine is because it's too short. At a 1070ish wheelbase it would be ideal for most riders though.

Edited by eskimo