I Forgot How Hard This Was!

thornabytrials.co.uk

well today i rode for my 1st time in over 2 years, road for around 2 hours, im totally nackrered, balance is all to pot, cant backwheel things properly and to top it off i nearly killed my self lmao!

hope this all comes back to me soon (at least i can still do some things) but jesus!

Can't believe you've gone all green Tomm. Give the new members all the hell they deserve!

I've always wondered how it would be to get on a trials bike in 10 years time. Can you pedalkick easily? That requires a lot of coordination, wondering if you've still got that skill. It will definitely come back though, just keep trying.

I know where you're coming from

I stopped for about 15 months and tried to get back into it, stamina was awful, balance was dreadful, power was near enough none existant......and being honest, it don't come back as quick as you'd like.

Yeah it comes back over time, but you always try and ride the way you remember you could do, and obviously can't do anything anywhere near as big!

Hopefully i'll be back into it again soon, but for how long!?!?!?!

Frooty

ha i was in the same boat as you i started riding with a few of my old mates and this new person who happens to be quite handy

i found i am picking up all the old stuff and bits and bobs but a lot smoother thnx to this new kid

as for the aches criky ive started using muscles that laid dorment for 2 years

i had riden for nearly that long till a few months ago. It does come back quite quickly. But i have the stamina problem a confidence problem and the aches and pains problem. Appart from that all is good :)

i had riden for nearly that long till a few months ago. It does come back quite quickly. But i have the stamina problem a confidence problem and the aches and pains problem. Appart from that all is good :)

same as me

not 100% confident

and the aches are painfull lol

oh and it dosent help when u have a bruise on the top half of your leg thats around 7" long! feels like a constant dead leg

iv just rode in the first time in a year, and i have to say i really have the trials buzz again, its mint rode more times in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 years

its hard to get some stuff back but its really nice when you get an aspect back