British Biketrial Championship

totaltrials

recon he could teach me a thing or two about balance! lol

back on topic though, does anyone have a post code or street name for the old tomtom on sunday?

thanks, rob

I couldn't get an exact postcode, just OL13 0 which takes you to the area.

You could use these though:

Lat: 53:41:35N (53.69307)

Lon: 2:12:30W (-2.20841)

That takes you to the start of the path up.

Phil.

Anthony, Hawkstone looked like fun.

As I live only a few miles away and currently hold the World and British titles can you explain why, (as an ACU licence holder), I was not invited to ride? I was there on the day.

Ben.

I asked the same question in another thread and never got an answer as well, :S

Ben you let your results speak for them selves, I for one think you should have been asked so as to show case your skill, fittness, and dedication.

See you on Sunday at Addingham,

just to avoid any confusion , the official british championship is at lee quarry

2007 British BikeTrial Championship Round 4, Lee Quarry, Lee Road, Bacup, OL13

Sunday 12th August 2007 Signing on at 8-30am. Trial Starts at 10-00 am.

</SPAN>

Edited by kelly farm trials

see if yu can get a lift with patt joe, hes going , might beable to give you a lift......

Already tried that idea, matey; he's going with Tom Astbury so there wont be enough room for me :( .

Will just have to catch up with everyone at Shipley Glen, or even Hook Woods?

Cheers,

Joe.

went well, bit of a shakey start with heavy rain, some of the sections needed modding as they were set in the dry and became too dangerous in the wet, also the ambulence people were making excuses to leave, but we got them to stay....which was nice.

The sections were haaaard, they were set in the dry when the rocks are uuuber grippy, but once they got wet they are as slippery as ice, it was good practise for those off to japan.

I cant remember all the results, but heres the ones I did remember.

Expert:

1st Sam Waddington

2nd patt donoven

3rd Phil Williams

Elite:

1st Joe Seddon

2nd Tom Astbury

Master:

1st Andrie Burton

2nd Nick Goddard

3rd Ali C

I think the day was a sucsess, some of the councilers were up watching and they were impressed, building for the UKs (possibly the worlds) largest trials park will start this winter ready for next year.

i did 4 sections and left, not impressed, the venue could be made brilliant but the sections were danger to say the least, they would have been a little ambitious on a perfect day, but the rain just made them stooopid! i deemed it not worth the risk. dont get me wrong im not a fag when it comes to riding, il try pretty big stuff, even stuff i know i cant do, but today was just plain dangerous, slippery rocks are fine but , nowhere to fall, just more, jaggered slippery rocks, i could feel a broken ass coming on so left for home,

thats just the sections, the actual event was suffering too, from a lack of organisation, no catering, hour and a half late to start, not enuf observers or helpers at sighn on.

im not one to moan normally but today, i just thought, what a waste of time and money me driving up here, dent enjoy it at all, and to cap it all off it was on a day when i could have gone to adingham, i would have too if i had bought enough money out with me to enter both events!

well sorry guy's but its a moan from me

rob

rob always enjoy your riding , just got back, i think as you say the guys where enthusitic with the sections and they were laid out in the dry,

the late start was partly to let them dry and because of a hiccup with the firist aid, the weather came out briliant and the sections dryed ,all in all although still hard on the elite and masters , it was a really good start for a new team

The lack of catering was because the catering wagon had to pull out last minute.

The late start was so nobody killed themselves on the wet rocks, and the whole course was made a lot safer for the wet conditions in the morning.

Lack of observers isn't exactly bad organizing, people have to volunteer just like with any other competition, at the end we needed 1 observer, and New Zealand Mike offered to, so that wasn't exactly a problem, the other volunteer never turned up.

It was an excellent trial, nice and hard but certainly doable. Once it dried out the sections where of a good level.

Bit of a bummer with the rain, but once the sun come out in the afternoon, everybody seemed to have a smile on their face :).

Phil.

Congrats on what sounded like it was a good event phil.

You will always get the critics, and you took an educated decision to keep the trial goin against the weather, those that didnt finish, you have to learn to ride in the wet, nothing can be done about the weather.

congrats phil

was a really good trial, altho i was abit grumpy after the first 5 sections, thourght they were alittle long for the weather conditions, but after they had been ajusted i really had fun, on the 2nd lap the sections had dried off abit, they were all doable (apart from the one next to the cliff :S, that was too dodgey)

maybe dont make the sections quite as long next time :P (altho it was only carols that was too long)

cheers phil

(Y) looking forward to hook woods

o yer is there any chance of the current championship rankings?...