Pro 2 Failure

scousertrials

Cheers Adam, I took your advice and phone a supplier. I never felt the free hub body i was really tired and then sat down messed with my cranks and was looking at the free hub and chain alignmen and to my suprise the freehub was almost twisting into the wheel.

I think beacuse its a small bearing it failed that way. I should get some and just change the every few months or so.

Edited by scousertrials

that bearing problem has been adressed at hope, those small bearings in the freehub just arn't up to the job, there was talk of a roller bearing being introduced in its place, as they can take more load.

ash

Wish we'd have been told that. Rob and I were returning hubs within weeks of getting new ones. And we just keep getting the same "only 3% fail" and trying to put all the blame on us.

My Profile bearings did that.

It's understandable really, taking all that weight, and all those beatings! :P

Even if you are a smooth rider, it's still taking however much you weigh, plus the bike, plus whatever force from what you're doing.

I got my spares from S&B Bearings. (Y)

King bearings last forever. ;)

It's good that it's easy to find replacements, I presume King bearings are completely impossible to get hold of from anywhere but King, and their prices are probably sky-high aswell.

I presume King bearings are completely impossible to get hold of from anywhere but King, and their prices are probably sky-high aswell.

I can't even envisage a situation where you'd ever have to buy King bearings to be honest ^_^

Actually if you want a really strong bearing....I'm talking about the BEST bearings you should buy a SKF bearing. My Echo Fixed did the same thing. All three bearing which are on the non drive side teared apart just like the one on the pics. The fourth one was fine. This is because I am right footed and when I land a gap I land it sideways on the non drive side and in 6 months of riding you get broken bearings :) So now I bought SKF bearings which cost like 10 pounds a peace and will have no problems for at least three years........I hope :D

SKF is the shit. I cycle by their factory every day on the way to work.

go into skf then and get me some. i will pay you fella.

http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalogue/js...amp;catalogue=1

if anyone can figure out if skf can do a needle bearing that will take the place of the two poo bearins i will forever be your debt

Edited by scousertrials

go into skf then and get me some. i will pay you fella.

http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalogue/js...amp;catalogue=1

if anyone can figure out if skf can do a needle bearing that will take the place of the two poo bearins i will forever be your debt

imo you should just go to a shop that sells bearings and ask the seller. They have these gigantic catalogs with every bearing that exists of the selected company and you will find out if there is and maybe even buy or order some :)

The problem with needle bearing is that they can't take axial loads very well or at all. Meaning they'll just fall apart.

Generally speaking, you could use one ball bearing and one needle bearing for example. Ball bearing holds everything together, and the needle bearing can take up more radial load than a ball bearing of the same size.

There not the same.

well i have brought them and swaped for damaged bearings in my pro 2 and they are 6093x2 rs

or as hope say 60932rc

the 2 stands for how many you require and the rs stands for rubber seal.

who cares about kings the amount parts do cost when they go wrong and the trouble getting them and the prices etc etc...

i would rather have a pro 2 that you never hardly have to service and when something does go its easy to sort but hey thats me

well i have brought them and swaped for damaged bearings in my pro 2 and they are 6093x2 rs

or as hope say 60932rc

the 2 stands for how many you require and the rs stands for rubber seal.

who cares about kings the amount parts do cost when they go wrong and the trouble getting them and the prices etc etc...

i would rather have a pro 2 that you never hardly have to service and when something does go its easy to sort but hey thats me

lol 2 means their are 2 rubber seals on the bearing, and if you want stainless steal roller bearing like chris king use just put the letter h after the number

and skf bearings are shite, INA and FAG are alot better depends what standard you buy any way

and as for hope saying that 3% of them fail thats bull as them bearings will die all day long ever day, cant take the radil and axial loading