Chris King Iso Rear Vs Hope Pro 2 Trials '07

blaze_

Kings are lighter untill you start putting the HD axle and so forth in them. You'll also need special tools to service them properly.

Hope's are easier to look after, but fewer engagement points. Wether you think the extra performance of a King is worth the extra money is upto you, but you can't really go wrong with a Hope.

From personal experience I would say get a Pro 2. I had a King with HD axle and steel drive shell, which both are really kinda needed for it to last in trials. The pro 2 weighs 1g more than that King setup, and although the virtual instant engagement of the King is nice, I would not say it is a necessity, especially considering the amount of effort that goes into looking after the hub. With the pro 2 you fit it and forget basically, an occasional service that requires no tools and creates no headaches.

Hope are very good hubs, Can't get a bad one really, as hope after sales car is top. Anytroubles and they'll sort it out. They also are a piece of piss to take apart, Most technical tool you'll need is probably a jewelers screw driver, (to insert the Palws and springs, If you have fat fingers) Or a hammer!!!

Hope for the win!!

The pro 2 is fine untill you find that your bearings have fell apart and you ring hope and they f**k you off. if it was running needle rollers in the freehub and some ceramic bearings in the hub the i would say a hope pro 2 singlespeed trials will suffice. but i was out last weekend and a mate nearly went tits up when his king slipped like a bannana skin with a bit of bannana still in it. my pro 2 has never slipped when it matters only a few times when new and i just regreased it with some funk grease. .....

Well how much do they last? I am not concerned about the bearings cause the bearing shop is 50m from my home and can buy spares any time.

I actually want to know more about the freewheel. How are they holding? And can it compare to a TryAll 108.9? I know it can :D but is it better or worse.

Thanks for the answers :)

Well how much do they last? I am not concerned about the bearings cause the bearing shop is 50m from my home and can buy spares any time.

I actually want to know more about the freewheel. How are they holding? And can it compare to a TryAll 108.9? I know it can :D but is it better or worse.

Thanks for the answers :)

The bearings are a bitch to replace without the correct tools, but they last for ages. It is far better than the 108.9, notice how Vincents 108.9 broke halfway through a comp I think at Koxx days this year, yet anyone with a pro 2 would still be going.

The pro 2 is fine untill you find that your bearings have fell apart and you ring hope and they f**k you off. if it was running needle rollers in the freehub and some ceramic bearings in the hub the i would say a hope pro 2 singlespeed trials will suffice. but i was out last weekend and a mate nearly went tits up when his king slipped like a bannana skin with a bit of bannana still in it. my pro 2 has never slipped when it matters only a few times when new and i just regreased it with some funk grease. .....

That often comes with oiling the bearings. Basically if you put oil in the bearings it dissolves the grease thats in the bearings and f**ks them up :) So don't oil the bearings (only grease). That goes for whichever you pick obviously.

Hope have the most amazing customer service too :)

Hope weighs more than a king, get the singlespeed one :).

Kings better just cos its not a hope i dunno lol get what you want theres no real difference.

Matx

they rely on total different methods to engage. considering you can buy two hope pro2s once you have bought a king and got a Hd axle i would go for hope.

I don't have either hub so I can't talk... but what about that topic with everone saying how the bearings in their Pro 2s are going wrong?

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....102879&st=0

Or have Hope changed them for better ones now?

dude, everyone was 3% of them...

and that was the 06 ones, they got beefed up for 07, so now they are solid.

never heard of a king die? pah

ive got the old pro 2 06 and it hasnt cracked on me yet, but 2 of my mates have cracked them, 1 got free replacement from hope with the 07 and the other went to a CK singlespeed hub, and since he has used the CK hub it has been slipping so much more than any hope one he said, he isnt pleased with it so i would be more inclined to go for a pro2 trials 07, the mate that got the new 07 said his hasnt slipped once.