What Bike?

Project7

Heya, I really need to buy a new bike, because at the moment i have a regular mountain bike that is far too heavy for "trialing"

can anyone give me ideas on what i should get,

because i am new - really new to this forum, but i have had past experiences with riding (on a mates bike)

a detailed description of what i should get will be appreciated,

frame, type of bike, any extras maybe? and when i do get one, details on suspension etc

any help will be appreciated

Thankyou :)

-Project7

Edited by Project7

Heya, I really need to buy a new bike, because at the moment i have a regular mountain bike that is far too heavy for "trialing"

can anyone give me ideas on what i should get,

because i am new - really new to this forum, but i have had past experiences with riding (on a mates bike)

a detailed description of what i should get will be appreciated,

frame, type of bike, any extras maybe? and when i do get one, details on suspension etc

any help will be appreciated

Thankyou :)

-Project7

Whats your height? That helps alot as there are three sizes basically 20" (shorter guys normally) 26" (Stockier, taller) 24" (new type of riding anyone :D) Basically it is personal preference you need to get out go riding with a few peeps ask them nicely if you can have a go, find out which suits you best!!

Hope i helped

Tom

EDIT: No suspension :S

Edited by Boss

No suspension :S

wow really,i honestly thought, you would need some suspension to get the air that some guys do from flat ground.

i guess i have to work nmy leg muscles,

im 5'7" im guessing ill go for the medium size bike?

also, i just have this weird feeling im asking the wrong guys but,

trial biking, thats when you ride around and ur able to get from the ground on to a table top with one bunny hop correct? (more various tricks ofcourse)

thats what i was told it was, anyways any more info would be great, thanks to - Boss (no suspension - got it.) lol

am i basically looking for something similar to a bmx or more a mountain bike,

many thanks

Project7

Edited by Project7

Whats your budget?

i cant say,because imliving in Australia - $300 tops (australian)

ill have a look on ebay but i was just wondering about what a "newbie" should start with...

a newbie who is 5'7", 13 years old, and is able to spend $300 on a new bike.... btw ill try to to find out how many pounds $300 is

cheers

Project7

EDIT: 20", ill see what i can find. thanks.

Edited by Project7

I think it depends what your money range is.

If you can afford a realy good bike for sort of over £1000 then go for it, you get for what you pay for.

Ive just got a koxx xtp 2 hosel and i love it .Its a lot of money but belive me its worth every penny.

Another gd thing about the xtp 2's and u might be able to do this with some other Koxx's but am not sure, is that you can sort of design your own bike with the xtp 2 u have a choice of the normal frame or a hosel frame and then you have a choice of what colour rims you want for no extra charge.

For these have a look at Trialsman

If you want a bike abit cheaper just to learn on and not be botherd if u get scratches on it (Remember its a trials bike every one gets scratches on it) i would say go for a Onza i started on a Onza T-bird and found it a very good bike to learn the basic skills.I all so no people like the T-Pros to learn on.

For these i would recomend Airevalleycycles

Good luck

Sam

Edited by Cahill Trials Kid

hmm i see, 2005 onza t-pro (for a beginner - ME), ill see if i can find any around where i live.

i dont think i will get a pro super t-zone multiplier, or whatever its called (the one over 1000 pounds) im sure it is worth every penny,

and i will be sure to keep that in mind when i get better.

thanks guys, been a real help.

ps. if i dont find the 2005 onza t-pro - what should i look for in a bike

- light frame

- no suspension

- type of brakes ( front, back or both)

- 20" for an average height guy

- type of wheels

- tyres

- etc etc etc -

Thanks again, im much closer to getting a bike, then i was a few days ago,

Cheers

Project7

Edited by Project7

right, brakes. you cant really go wrong with dual magura HS-33's (hydraulic rim brakes) the usual setup for trials is rear magura, front disk, but magura front and rear you cant go wrong with.

i started on a 2005 onza t-pro, they are the nad's of beginner bikes.

tyres. Maxxis creepy crawlers are a good, common choice on mods (20"0 bikes. there cheap, they grip well, and have a good wear life. i would personally stick with them.

wheels.front 20" rim and a rear 19" rim, drilled or undrilled, its your choice.

hope i helped you mate

I would get some sort of onza mate they are the best for new comers im sure you could pick up a 7-pro quite cheap mate if not the i would get the new gu 07 mod it is lush to f**k i love it im getting it in stock.

best wishes joshx

Check on ebay mate you could pick up a bargain

Edited by echo.josh

Me neither, if you would ever want to participate in a competition, 24" will be impossible to use. Stick to 20" or 26".

What is the difference between the two?

is it just the length, and would 20" be easier to control as a beginner, and as i get better,

would i NEED to get a 26" or will i be alright to stick with a 20" if that is the one i get.

.... today im going down to some bike stores to check out their trials.

hopefully the next timei post i will have a new bike!

Thanks Alot, to everyone who has postes.

- Alin

What is the difference between the two?

is it just the length, and would 20" be easier to control as a beginner, and as i get better,

would i NEED to get a 26" or will i be alright to stick with a 20" if that is the one i get.

.... today im going down to some bike stores to check out their trials.

hopefully the next timei post i will have a new bike!

Thanks Alot, to everyone who has postes.

- Alin

20" is theoretically easier but that's theory off course. I prefer 26" for the wide variety of parts you have access to then. With 20" you're stuck with trials specific parts. With 26" you only need a trials frame and maybe trials cranks if you like front freewheel or a track cog in front. All the rest can be bought from non-trials brands.

Edited by Dekes