Rebooting Help?

Caleb

Basically my computer has been majorly crap for the last few months to the point i can tplay any online game what so ever and will randomly restart with a blue screen at least 5 times a day.

i was advised to use an xp disc rather than vista so i get hold of one, and burnt to bootable cd via nero.

however on startup the screens stops on a message saying:

Current options

/MLK

/BL=16

/LEND=ON

/DELAY=OFF

[DR-DOS]A:\> then a little blinking box for me to type one of the above i presume?

cant get passed that bit, and can anyone reccomend a decent external hard disc drive, probably only need a cheapo 80 gig one or so, Ebay the best bet?

Thanks in advance!

Didn't burn it right maybe? Find poweriso, it's the best...

Is this copy of xp a legit one? Can't see a legit one being buggered, so you might have downloaded a bum copy, that doesn't work.

Erm, not sure what else to say, but if you still can't get it to work i'll have a go on a warez forum i go on, loads of people there know about xp and installing etc...

Personally, i'd stay away from eBay for electronics, they can always just stop working and you'll be left with a piece of shit that you can't take back because it costs an arse load to send back etc etc...

Edited by Fat Pants

Basically my computer has been majorly crap for the last few months to the point i can tplay any online game what so ever and will randomly restart with a blue screen at least 5 times a day.

i was advised to use an xp disc rather than vista so i get hold of one, and burnt to bootable cd via nero.

however on startup the screens stops on a message saying:

Current options

/MLK

/BL=16

/LEND=ON

/DELAY=OFF

[DR-DOS]A:\> then a little blinking box for me to type one of the above i presume?

cant get passed that bit, and can anyone reccomend a decent external hard disc drive, probably only need a cheapo 80 gig one or so, Ebay the best bet?

Thanks in advance!

You'd need to acquire and actual bootable CD image and burn that, rather than just setting the option in Nero. Some windows disks aren't bootable for some reason, whereas others are. (Notice how I managed not to even hint at piracy through all that?)

Http://www.hotdealsuk.co.uk often has people posting bargain external hard drives, wait around a week or so and a good value one should pop up :)

it's an iso file, i was told nero or alcohol would burn to iso fine but im guessing not?

i tried "getting" alcohol too but couldnt find a suitable serial anywhere . .

cheers for the phone by the way, absolute belter and oasis for the win :P

No worries about the phone. I thought i wiped the card, obviously not! Gawd nothing on there of the girlfriend I hope, she'd go spare!

In nero, to burn an .iso file, did you go File menu-->Burn cd image (i think that's how it goes)?

If you did and it didn't work it's a dodgy image i suppose.

No worries about the phone. I thought i wiped the card, obviously not! Gawd nothing on there of the girlfriend I hope, she'd go spare!

In nero, to burn an .iso file, did you go File menu-->Burn cd image (i think that's how it goes)?

If you did and it didn't work it's a dodgy image i suppose.

do what he said, but without the nero option to make it bootable, the image will already be bootable as someone said up there.

failing that, ubuntu for the win (Y)

J