Complete Noob

squireb

So i bought my bike last week, and i havnt made any progress what so ever. Mainly because i dont think im spending enough time on the bike, but i think i have some other issues as well. My bike is a bit of crap, its a stock bike, running 21/18, standard mech, discs on front and rear, bulky suspension front end with tripple tree set up and rather unpleasent borken sadle lol. If anyone can give me a few pointers like... What to learn first, how to progress naturally, common mistakes i can go about avoiding and such, then that would be a great help. I'll stick a few pics up of the bike if anyone asks for them, cheers in advance.

Pics of the bike would be nice, it seems like your riding something other than a trials bike. Mind you though the basics of trials can be learnt so long as you have a decent gearing and a good back brake on many other types of bikes.

Id put it down mainly to the front end being amazingly heavy. The bike weighs 14.5 kg is is pretty front heavy. Im gonna loose the saddle and hack the top of the post off. He didnt have a seat post that fitted properly so he hammered in one that barely fitted. So rigid forks, chain tensioner instead of mech, and i might use my welding experience to drop the down tube and lower the top tube of the rear section, then make the main post shorter so its just below the top of the tire. Lot of work but hell, i didnt get a qualification for nothing.

deffo change the forks! those things will weigh a tonne!!! make it hard work on back wheel! nice pair of rigids is what you want. just cheap ones wil do! ive got a few pairs!!? maybe a maggie or a v brake on the back would be quite nice too! all depends on your budget mate