Fish Eye Lens For E-500

Dave6895

I am the proud ownder of an Olympus E-500 DSLR.

I'd really like to get a fish eye lens to get that extra edge onto some action shots. All sorts of sports.

I use a 14-45 1:3.5-5.6 lens 99% of the time with a UV filter on there. So if i can find a fish eye thats going to fit on my 58mm can i use it on the same lens as i guess its like a macro filter lens?

I'm new to it all but i really want one and seen some manny differnt types and though i'd ask the experts.

Any help will be very much apprechated

Dave

14mm is pretty wide anyway, a screw on lens will only rape your image quality.

if you have to, ebay is probably the best bet for things like that.

So that 1st number gives indication to the width of the lens. I did say i am new to it all!

I really don't know what i am needing as much as i would like to hit on Ebay and get one ASAP

if you have to, ebay is probably the best bet for things like that.

not on a olympus it isnt, they have a 2x focus magnifier ( canon is 1.6 and nikon 1.5)

14mm is the same as 28mm on a 35mm sensor or 18mm on a canon crop sensor.

olympus make a fisheye but its expensive. the only thing i will sugest for the cheap end of the scale is a peleng 8mm fisheye off ebay. well worth the money

The 4/3 system isn't so wide though - it has a crop factor of 2, so the 14-45 is about the same as a Canon's 18-55.

Dave, in terms of actual lenses there doesn't seem to be too much choice for fisheyes with the 4/3 system. Olympus do a 8mm Fish which is £500+ rrp, and Sigma might do their 8mm in a 4/3 mount which is not much cheaper. The other thing you could do is get a Peleng fisheye or similar and a mount to fit that. You'd lose autofocus/ aperture but the image quality is good and it's not too expensive (~£120). You can try a screw-on lens off ebay for experimentation, but it will destroy your image quality unfortunately.

EDIT: lol, I said what Chris said :)

The 4/3 system isn't so wide though - it has a crop factor of 2, so the 14-45 is about the same as a Canon's 18-55.

Dave, in terms of actual lenses there doesn't seem to be too much choice for fisheyes with the 4/3 system. Olympus do a 8mm Fish which is £500+ rrp, and Sigma might do their 8mm in a 4/3 mount which is not much cheaper. The other thing you could do is get a Peleng fisheye or similar and a mount to fit that. You'd lose autofocus/ aperture but the image quality is good and it's not too expensive (~£120). You can try a screw-on lens off ebay for experimentation, but it will destroy your image quality unfortunately.

EDIT: lol, I said what Chris said :)

Christ there is a lot more to it than i first thought! Umm it's going to cost me a lot more than i was hoping as well, bugga. Really aprechate the info here guys.

I had a look on Ebay but didn't see much, any one willing to have a quick look and let me know?

Cheap Pelang

Proper 8mm fisheye

Basically those are your options with an SLR! Good man for going with something different like Olympus, really is a great system and a great company.

The only downside really is that the Olympus pro lenses are quite expencive, as they are also waterproof and dustproof I believe.

(Y)

Cheap Pelang

Proper 8mm fisheye

Basically those are your options with an SLR! Good man for going with something different like Olympus, really is a great system and a great company.

The only downside really is that the Olympus pro lenses are quite expencive, as they are also waterproof and dustproof I believe.

(Y)

Hi Rob,

I've admired a lot of your photos and posts. Thank you for your input here. Okay this is costing a lot. The 2nd ebay link is not working for me, probs ebay.

I got the E-500 cheap! £340 delivered in total

I have 2 lens, range of filters and other smaller screw on lens like Macro etc, 2x 1GB high speed cards, carry case, 2 batterys, tripod.

I got a good deal there

Dave

Hi Rob,

I've admired a lot of your photos and posts. Thank you for your input here. Okay this is costing a lot. The 2nd ebay link is not working for me, probs ebay.

I have 2 lens, range of filters and other smaller screw on lens like Macro etc, 2x 1GB high speed cards, carry case, 2 batterys, tripod.

I got a good deal there

Dave

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Olympus-Zuiko-8m...meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQ

You need to take the Cmdzvietem off the end if it doesnt work :)

Hi Rob,

I got a good deal there

Dave

Just out of curiosity does anyone know why this guy has been banned ?

Adam