Weight Loss

Alex Dark

Decided my woodsdtock is getting decidedly portly recently, so, i thought id give it a bit of a slim down and try and shave a few grams here and there.

It used to weigh 12.1kg, but with the new bits ( try-all yourself bars, koxx forxx( < i think), tensile uci cranks ) the weight should drop a bit....

spec @ 12.1kg:

Koxx rims F+R

Mission hubs

Base forks

Onza woodstock frame ( 1.6 kg )

Unbranded alloy 110mm stem

F+R maggie racelines

Club Roost bars

Kenda kinetics 2.35 F+R

M:parts headset

KMC k510 chain

sora rear mech

Deore 9spd shifter pod

Tryall twin cage pedals

un52 bb

onza seat and post

kenda tubes

*temporary* sugino road crankset

Any other weight loss suggestions?

I'm hoping to get it down to 10.5kg (or less)

Edited by dark_biker

Viz forks

KMC K710 chain may not be lighter, but stronger

Schwalbe Big Betty rear tyre

Schwalbe Nobby Nic front tyre

Maxxis Welterweight tubes

74 Kingz or Rohloff tensioner

Single rear cog, spacers

VP mini seat without post

Wellgo mg1 mag pedals

i think i might go ss actually.....seems to be worth it with the weight saving and far less risk of gear slippage.......

Would mag flatties make it lighter?

any other light and cheap rear tyre options?

i think i might go ss actually.....seems to be worth it with the weight saving and far less risk of gear slippage.......

Would mag flatties make it lighter?

any other light and cheap rear tyre options?

ti or alloy bolts all round will help ,try-all cranks ,a lighter fork maybe echo urbans or controls,lighter bars and a latex tube in the front.

i haven't tried big bettys but have you tried hans-ventre tires?the price that tarty are selling them at (i think ÂŁ16) doesn't do them justice,they are quality tires and i prefer them over high rollers (Y)

hope i've helped,steve

if you ask me, getting titanium or aluminium bolts is a last resort.

i read so many threads about people stripping the threads on their frames and breaking alu bolts, i think steel bolts is a safer and much cheaper way to go, unless you know what you're doing. maybe you do, maybe you don't...

magnesium pedals will save up to 100 grams, which is really nice.

mag pedals won't be much lighter than the vp's i don't think....although they'll be grippier!

i'd try a un72 bb- they're much lighter...

can probably lose a fair bit on the forks too...echos?

maybe a little loss on the hubs...and they'd be a good investment anyways

apart from that...it shouldn't really be too heavy! watch out...my woodstock didn't last long- was lovely though!

edit- ok....mag pedals will help!

Edited by ad101

Change front hub to a mono or tmaster that might shave few grams. echo urban forks. maxis tyres single ply front double rear not sure on the weight of yours but that might save some grams and there great tyres maxxis hansventura is a light rear tyre. light weight inner tubes. tryall cranks. fsa stem that should be around same geo of yours and save some weight. Monty risers i would use meself otherwise get some zoos or something. foam grips. dont get alloy bolts they round easy. 74 kings tensioner. single speed if it isnt, using spacers from a cassette or buy hope spacer kit. drill holes. Lighter rear hub you can choose that just scan on tarty. Get a kmc k810 chain. king headset. king headset. You could run a front vee that will save some weight even a rear vee if the frame has vee mounts cant remember if you could get the woodstock with them dount it though.

Edited by basher