Joe Elding

Elliot

Hey all,

Anyone know Joe and could have a word?

Me and a number of other people bought some gear and have yet to recieve it. I only bought a brake, but I know the guy that bought the frame and forks has heard nothing from him, and both he and I paid on the 17th of last month.

I know Joe's got some problems at the moment (re his thread on legal advice) and I am sorry to be asking in this way, but he is not responding to pm's or texts and it is his responcibility as a seller not to mess people around.

thanks to any who can help, I just hope we can get this sorted without slagging matches or anything unnecessary.

ta,

e.

Edited by Elliot

Thanks for starting this Elliot.

I'm disappointed that Joe hasn't even contacted any of the buyers, as requested by Tomturd when he blacklisted him in the earlier Legalish thread that Joe had started. I've tried messaging Joe but have had no response at all.

It's a real shame, as Joe sounded very genuine when we were negotiating prices etc. I understand he has things to sort in his personal life, but that's something he could have told all his buyers if it was going to hold up posting etc, I'm sure we'd all have cut him some slack if he needed it.

Now it just looks increasingly like we've been scammed, especially when he claimed to have posted everything in his chit-chat thread, but none of us have received anything from him.

Last chance Joe, sort it out mate !! :angry:

Hi guys

I used to ride with Joe fairly often. Unfortunately i do not have have his number, however, i will stick a message up on Facebook to let him know.

He is a really really nice chap, but this does not excuse him for not replying to you guys. I'm sure he will send the items out when i message him through Facebook though.

Apologies

Neil

You not got his address? Send a letter to his parents like its a proper letter and explain to them the story, But they may not listen!!

worth a try though!!!

Unfortunately Mike, Paypal has one failing despite all the benefits for buying and selling !! I only have his e-mail address.

I've even tried BT's Directory search to find the addresses and numbers for Eldings in SW11, but there aren't any listed. Believe me, if there is a way to sort this out without it getting heavy, I want to do it, but it's increasingly looking like Joe has given me the only definite way of making contact with him when he started his last thread and said he'd been arrested for theft, but I'd rather try and sort this without having to involve the police and have him ending up on another theft charge !

With Liam's help in supplying Joe's address, I managed to track down his phone number through BT online directory and have now spoken to Joe.

He assures me that everyone's stuff is in the post, and that mine was sent three days ago by standard parcel, so hopefully the matter can be put to rest soon.

Having said that, my stuff still hasn't appeared so I may be back with another thread about how poor Royal Mail are by the weekend !!!

Mark

Edited by The Velcro Fly

With Liam's help in supplying Joe's address, I managed to track down his phone number through BT online directory and have now spoken to Joe.

He assures me that everyone's stuff is in the post, and that mine was sent three days ago by standard parcel, so hopefully the matter can be put to rest soon.

Having said that, my stuff still hasn't appeared so I may be back with another thread about how poor Royal Mail are by the weekend !!!

Mark

Thats coolness, nice one Mark! I'll let you know if/when my stuff arrives, if you (and anyone else who bought items off Joe) does the same then we'll know when this is sorted.

again, thanks dude!

im surprised no one pened a dispute with paypal, its way biased towards the buyer in nearly every case

I did, but haven't progressed it past the stage of requiring Joe to reply to me, as I wanted to keep the situation low key if we could resolve things that way.

I'll admit, my patience was running out though and I was going to escalate the dispute on Saturday if I hadn't been able to make contact with Joe and resolve the matter.

I think my message on facebook gave him a nudge :).

So..... if everyone who received their bits could paypal me £5 for the trouble it would be much apreciated. Or give me a stem as i've snapped mine.

I need to get off the form and do some work......need ......mhhh blahhhh...ignore me!

Neil

Edited by Clownbike

Guess what was waiting for me when I got home tonight ?

Nah, not Dita von Teese but the next best thing...all my stuff from Joe...................oh, and superbly packaged too !!

Case closed !

Its good to hear you got your stuff sorted, But I'm STILL waiting! Am I the only 1 still waiting for stuff off Joe? Whats going on dude?