Seriously Confused ...............

Conor the basher.

Yo all.

Right so i got a khe chain from tarty the other day but it had so many stifflinks it made my bike skip alot :( so i had a look on crc and i decided to buy a whipperman bmx chain, there meant to be the strongest chain out there :) So i got this chain and fitted it to my bike and it is still skipping but even worse this time ive tryed basically everything i can think of.....

Ive changed my tentioner to a super doop wide one so the chain dosent rub.

Ive made sure that my chain line is perfectly straight.

Ive ground down the inside of the bash so the chain cant catch on it.

Ive made sure the chain is lubed up has no stiff links and all the pins are in correctly.

Ive made sure that thefront sprocket is fine and clean.

I really dont no what to do every time i put presure down it skips loads ont even at one place, im going to change the rear sprocket but i cant see that being the problem .............

Oh yeah i am running echo cnc cranks tensile bash and atoms sproket.

cheers conor.

p.s: sorry about the spelling the spell checker thing dosent work, and wont let me download it :((((

Edit: Here is the chain http://chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11288

Edited by koxx 20" 26" rider

It will be the rear sproket that is the problem. Is it a casset cog? the problem will be if it is that your trying to use a bmx chain on a mountainbike casset cog. Buy a surley sprocket and your khe should run fine.

His khe is seriously f**ked!

It must be a manafactuing defectas all the links are pretty much stiff!

When i say stiff they wont budge!

Echo.Josh

X-x-X

His khe is seriously f**ked!

It must be a manafactuing defectas all the links are pretty much stiff!

When i say stiff they wont budge!

Echo.Josh

X-x-X

My khe was the same always got stiff links but even with loads of stiff links it never skipped untill i chained form a surley sproket to a xt casset cog. If you dont no how to get rid of the stiff links then get the chain in your hand where the link is and put your thumbs either side and pish and pull the chain bending it eventually the link will become free.

• 3 weeks later...

I myself am suffering a problem similiar of bedding in new chains.

Im running:

middlburns 22t ( 2 weeks old)

hope pro2 with a 18t cog (2weeks old)

Surly tensioner ( 2 days old)

Kmc chain the £9.99 ones forgot the model. ( 5-6 hours old)

But in the last 2 weeks my bike hasnt been through a serious thrashing due to weather so not having to ride. im just working out a quicker soloution to bed my chain quicker as its still making a skip.

I myself am suffering a problem similiar of bedding in new chains.

Im running:

middlburns 22t ( 2 weeks old)

hope pro2 with a 18t cog (2weeks old)

Surly tensioner ( 2 days old)

Kmc chain the £9.99 ones forgot the model. ( 5-6 hours old)

But in the last 2 weeks my bike hasnt been through a serious thrashing due to weather so not having to ride. im just working out a quicker soloution to bed my chain quicker as its still making a skip.

Yo i got a surly rear sprocket and made my chain shoter and it sorted it oh and i got a new chai :P)

Yo i got a surly rear sprocket and made my chain shoter and it sorted it oh and i got a new chai :P)

Im concerned it could be the links when i fitted it today it was a long chain i must of took out atleast 8-9 links. How many links are ment to be wrapped around the cog? I dont want to go through the hassle of spending money on my bike as i need to save for stuff none bike related im just trying to solve this problem cheaply.

Hmm has th chain got pleanty of tention ? and is it wraped around the cog quite alot some pics would be good ?

It has got reasonable tension its not too tight or too slack its an 18t cog so its bound to wrap around very well with me using an additional 22t front ring im concerned its my tensioner with a fault but not sure. Im just trying to get a quick soloution to bed it in.