New Onza T-pro

Rojo

I finally got round to it! I baught my first trials bike, it is an '07 Onza T-Pro. I got it for £380 brand new with some pieces thrown in aswell (gloves, new pads etc.) so i think i got myself a bit of a bargain. :)

Plans? It will be remaining as it is for a while atleast but the future plans are to replace the v's with HS33's, unless i am missing something and it is a bad idea? I am on the look out for a set just now, on here and in a few shops round about. I would also appreciate it if anyone could point out any flaws in the bike that I should watch out for or change?

I was thinking about putting up some pictures but you all know what it looks like so i decided against it lol. I have only been out on it once (I am studying for exams just now) but already i love it, and compared to my mountain bike it feels so much nicer for learning at the stage i am.

Oh if this seems like a pointless post, sorry, i am quite excited about it all! lol!

Rojo

I don't know how good the stock Vees on the T-Pro's are, but... I hate maggies.

They keep popping on me.... etc.

If you can set the vee's up to a good standard, and get some decent pads - I'd stick with them.

Much easier to set up/adjust, and much cheaper to replace when they go wrong.

I don't know how good the stock Vees on the T-Pro's are, but... I hate maggies.

They keep popping on me.... etc.

If you can set the vee's up to a good standard, and get some decent pads - I'd stick with them.

Much easier to set up/adjust, and much cheaper to replace when they go wrong.

Cheers for that, will keep that in mind, im sticking with the v's for just now either way...

Lawnmowerman, thanks for the reply. I am looking into it just now.

Rojo

if you stick with vees you should go on tartybikes and if you go on break pads they are some onza v-dapters they fit on vees but you can put on magura pad on for good breaking on vees

Cheers, i had thought about that... Anyone had any experiences with this set-up? It sounds like what i am after, but i dont know anything about it to be honest. Any help is muchly appreciated!

Rojo

T-pro's are ace starter bikes, i rode mine for a year and loved it (Y) . But i do agree get a new rear hub mate :S

Okay sounds like a new hub it is then, i think i will just get a t-master as previously suggested... Unless there is another alternative (for about the same money)? Cheers

Rojo