Tyke Trial

robster

Possibly..............

im unsure what to do, as i have had alot of time away from work this year. would really like to attend.......... finish the year well and have a good natter to everyone before the new year.

;)

Its not going to be cold up there John! its going to be a beautiful day with plenty of sunshine. (you watch!)

Wayne.

We will be there and it is going to be glorious sunny weather to round off a superb year for Trials riding and what better place to finish than the venue we were banned from but have managed to get back!! (Y) Besides, Wayne is going to need his minder now he has got used to it :giggle:

I may even have a dabble myslef so get yourself fit OAP Peacock, I will be playing out on Sunday.... :lol:

Wayne. Your minder has now resigned and was last seen helping the butty wagon lass dish out the food to the observers so you will have to bring a sufficiently good bride for him to the next trial. A coke and a cheeseburger should do the trick :lol:

Much respect to all who turned up today to organsie, observe and of course ride. As we aquaplaned through torrential rain, huge puddles and fog on our way to Addingham Moorside we took one look out of the misted up car windows and thought 'forget it!' But as we approached the venue the fog lifted and the rain eased up. I couldn't believe it and neither could the kids so we jumped out of the car into the mud and got kitted up for 16 sections of fun.

Three hours later we were back in the car soaking wet, frozen and ready for a hot cup of tea. :blink: Against all the odds Tyketrials had yet again put on a superb event which was supported by some amazing kids who are a shinning example and superb role models to their school and work mates. Yes walls in towns and villages do get ridden on and broken and yes private property should be respected but when you see these guys out in some of the most abysmal conditions possible, riding and competing to the best of their abilities it makes you think twice about the stereotypes the general public have of kids today.

One of the largest classes was the beginners for kids aged 6 to 10 years old! What they are being fed on I don't know but they were out there and fighting against the elements. I can't say whether or not they were actually enjoying it but they were there and they were taking it in their stride ^_^

As I said before you all deserve a huge amount of respect for sticking it out today and completing the trial (Y)

I would like to be the first to give Barbara a HUGE thanks for all she has done this year, without her the series would have been a bit of a shambles.

She puts so much work into this sport and should be aplauded(sp). :$

Thanks again Barbara, I look forward to working with you again next year.

John and Robbie P

P.S. Well done little Chris Verbert. All the way from the Channel isle with no bike!!!!!!!!!! The airport peeps lost it. He went around with Rob and used his Hydroxx, he seemed very well suited to it and rode very well indeed. See you next year buddy well done.

JP

Edited by robster

Yeah, as always a massive thanks to Barbara, the observers and of course everyone else who helped with the trial. Well done for the smiley faces all round, especially given the weather!

I always love comps at Addingham in the wet, yesterday was no exception - had a cracking time! Sections were spot on, and at least most people seemed to be enjoying themselves. :)

Was amazed at how my brake just kept working through the rain mud and grit, wouldn't give up - Phat pads working very nicely there!

Looking forward to next year. :)

Mike.

Yes i went up for a trip at dinner time, just to have a quick scoot around and see everyone before xmas.

i have to admit i was there for an hour if that the conditions were abysmal but well done to everyone!!!! Observers, organisers, riders. deffinatly was great to watch and see.

Neil, im sure little Elliott wont take much persueding to become my minder for next year ;):lol: a cheeseburger and a coca cola is easy enough to please.

See you all in 2008..................

All the best for Christmas.

Waynio.......................