Query About My Freewheel

onzaboyjake

Hello. I would like some advice about my Dicta 18 tooth freewheel on my Onza T-Bird. Well I havent had this bike for perhaps more than a month and friday night when I was out riding it I heard a crack from my drive when I was doing a drop gap then when I rolled away it threw me over the handlebars unexpectedly as the cranks seemed to want to go round on their own accord. Does this mean that I need a new freewheel? As my cranks arent going round on their own anymore but now when I go down the road they will suddenly start doing it again for a few seconds and I have had some very near crashes :giggle: or is there something I can do to resolve this problem, or is it something else? Could this have being the result of a faulty freewheel because of it braking after such a short amount of time and I have only ridden it a handfull of time and can you recommend any good replacements for it but I dont have too large a budget.

Cheers.

Jake!

its shit, get a decent one that wont kill you. get a tensile one

Indeed, to be honest it is shit, real cheap freewheel trials puts loadsa stress on drivtrain parts and those arnt really up to the job. tensile F.T.W.

If you use a tensile on the rear it will have to be thread locked or welded as it will come undone.

An ACS would be better to use as it won't come undone and there cheap as chips.

I'm quite sure tesile do freewheel designed for the rear.

this happend to my mates dicta freewheel ages ago i was riding next to him down the road next thing i no he is on the floor , went straight over the bars ! so he just got a new freewheel, go for a tensile at £35.