Backwheelin

I_RIDE_ECHO!

This is probably realy stupid but i just wanted to know so... Ive been watching a few trials videos and i have seemed to notice that when some people backwheel something,why do they hit there front wheel on the top before there back wheel it? Does it help?

Chigs

Edited by chigs4eva

This is how my friend explained it to me, hope it helps.."so youl start with your power foot forward rotate so your other foot is up then begin to lean back n lift the front wheel, keep rotating until your left foot is up then push hard ish so you kinda ping up" not the best explanation but try finding so videos of bachwheeling on youtube.

Yeah a tap, Mostly done on Stocks and long mods but if you ride a short mod then you dont really need to as you can just bunnyhop...

I have to tap anything bigger than my thigh, and my Mod is 1005mm.

They are one of the most important skills to learn.

tapping is a form of boost, basically hitting your front wheel on the correct spot of a wall (mm`s bellow the top) direct`s your bike straight up to the rear wheel. mainly used on big wall`s generally to get you up there. Then the higher the wall the lower the front wheel well kind off. you find the position you like not to high and not to low and we all know what happens when we go to low :blink: and then you practice loads and work your way up higher and higher. i can`t roll and blunt with out tapping now, to used to doing it, but my mates can`t get used to it. just got to put some faith into your self and have air in your tires also give it some welly when you are going to wards it otherwise there isn't a lot of point in doing it because you wont get the boost out of the tap.

that sounds a bit confusing lol (Y)

its called a tap.... and it basically when you tap the wall it sort of makes your bike bump up in the air as your forward momentum has now been diverted upwards...... but its useless on a mod lol

Don't bother learning this until you have about a year and a halfs worth of riding under your belt.

my mate ryan (sheringham_trials) has been riding about 8-9months and can tap about 38-40'' already lol... they arnt hard..... you take off a lil nearer the wall and as your front wheel is still comming up you 'bump' it off the wall.. so your sort of 3/4 of the way through the final half pedal kick... the probs most peeps have is they take off too early and sort of manuel a bit into the wall... which wont push you in the air....

its called a tap.... and it basically when you tap the wall it sort of makes your bike bump up in the air as your forward momentum has now been diverted upwards...... but its useless on a mod lol

my mate ryan (sheringham_trials) has been riding about 8-9months and can tap about 38-40'' already lol... they arnt hard..... you take off a lil nearer the wall and as your front wheel is still comming up you 'bump' it off the wall.. so your sort of 3/4 of the way through the final half pedal kick... the probs most peeps have is they take off too early and sort of manuel a bit into the wall... which wont push you in the air....

If you rely on tapping you'll be shit.

You won't learn how to get up something using technique and strength, and when you come to comethign you can't tap easily (rail/undercut rock, whatever) you'll be buggered 'cos you havn't learnt to just backwheel it straight up.

If you rely on tapping you'll be shit.

You won't learn how to get up something using technique and strength, and when you come to comethign you can't tap easily (rail/undercut rock, whatever) you'll be buggered 'cos you havn't learnt to just backwheel it straight up.

that's sound advice.

On my mod I always found tapping a nice way to get up stuff that's kind of at your height limit for straight backwheeling but where you're short on space. It's something you can do from a half or quarter crank rather than the 3/4 - full crank you want for a decent backwheel.

I could always bunnyhop higher than i could backwheel or tap but you need a bigger runup for that anyway. I never quite cracked the bunnyhop tap thing - there's some serious height to be got there.