My Big Fat Xmas Pancakes

16 years later

I use a cup of flour, 1 egg and 1/2 pint of milk for batter and eat them with golden syrup instead.

For added weirdness try adding a shot of créme de menthe to the batter - green minty alcoholic pancaykes - min'gin :D...

Also done Baileys and Amaretto :).

(Y)

I lived in the UK for a month and you guys probably have the worst food culture in the world :lol:

The good thing about British food is that you don't have to eat it since there are so many alternatives like Chinese, Indian etc. What strikes me when occasionally going to London is that the food they serve in places like Pizza Hut have excessive amounts of butter/oil in them. As for home cooking, it all depends on how you prepare the food really, the ingredients are the same no matter what country you live in. Throughout the 8 years I've spent in the UK, I don't recall eating "traditional" British food, if there even is such a thing.

The good thing about British food is that you don't have to eat it since there are so many alternatives like Chinese, Indian etc. What strikes me when occasionally going to London is that the food they serve in places like Pizza Hut have excessive amounts of butter/oil in them. As for home cooking, it all depends on how you prepare the food really, the ingredients are the same no matter what country you live in. Throughout the 8 years I've spent in the UK, I don't recall eating "traditional" British food, if there even is such a thing.

Well i lived with a family and got home cooked every day, they laughed at me when i wanted milk instead of cola for dinner.

My GF lived in london for half a year and she gained a few kilos herself i may add (theyre gone now though ;) )

The food may not be the worst in the world, but it`s increadibly more unhealthy than ours here in Sweden, it`s common knowledge among all the uk travelers from here B)

Well i lived with a family and got home cooked every day, they laughed at me when i wanted milk instead of cola for dinner.

My GF lived in london for half a year and she gained a few kilos herself i may add (theyre gone now though ;) )

The food may not be the worst in the world, but it`s increadibly more unhealthy than ours here in Sweden, it`s common knowledge among all the uk travelers from here B)

Guessing you've ever been to the us :ermm:

What strikes me when occasionally going to London is that the food they serve in places like Pizza Hut have excessive amounts of butter/oil in them. As for home cooking, it all depends on how you prepare the food really, the ingredients are the same no matter what country you live in. Throughout the 8 years I've spent in the UK, I don't recall eating "traditional" British food, if there even is such a thing.

Yeah to me it seems like in order to eat healthy here you have to make it yourself. It seems pretty hard to get healthy 'off the shelf' food - most things are full of salt, fat and sugar.

Topic should probably be moved to 'chit chat'.

(Y)