My Rear Brake :(

Ladd

Rite im runnin a deng leaver body , maggie calipers and braided crossover also it is water bled. when i bled it a few weeks back in a bath bleed, i put the hole brake under water with a saringe of water on it pushed the water in though the saringe under water done the bolts up under water and took it out pulled the leaver and it wouldnt do anything to the calipers until i pulled the brake about 4mm feels like there is no fluid for the first 4mm you pull the brake, but when the tpa adjuster full it is fine why is this, Many many thanks mike x

Because the TPA pushes the piston in, by screwing it in you are pusing a piece of metal into the back of the cylinder further thus pushing the cylinder in, when you wind the tpa all the way out there is some slack between the peice of metal that pushes the cylinder in and the lever blade, therefore you get for and aft play that doesnt effect the cylinder atall. I think, although I think you said you were running a dengura lever, dunno if its the same but thats why maggys do it :)

When you bleed the brake (even in a bath) make sure the TPA is wound all the way out.

Also pump the lever as you force the water through the syringe. This is because Air gets trapped in the lever and when you push on the syringe it just goes in one hole and out another, by pumping the lever you're forcing the air out of that 'resevoir' and all it can suck back in is water.

Hope that helps

Soo i should rebled it in the bath and when im pushing water in i should pull the leaver back whilst pumping the leaver ?........Does Anyone know how much antifreeze i should mix with a bath of water ?

You're putting Anti-Freeze in your bath?! If you have a syringe, why not just do it with that? Much easier and less hassle. Perfect bleed every time.

right this is THE ultimate way of bleeding simpson showed me and it should be copy written its worked really well for me.

undo the bolt in your caliper leave the bolt in the leaver in make sure tpa is all the way down take the leaver blade out and the small rubber seal thing now dunk the hole thing under water and there should be loads of bubbles comming out. Then put the small rubber seal in again and get like a 5m alan key and keep pumping the rubber seal untill no more bubble are coming from the brake caliper after a while of doing this put the bolt back in the caliper and put the leaver blade back in tighten it all back up and you should be able to take it out of the water.

Some times you get a touch of over bleed were the calipers are all ready out as they would be if you pulled the leaver in to solve this undo the bolt by the caliper just a touch and it will let the smallet bit of pressure out and quickly tighten again and the brake should work absloutly spot on tis what i do with mine after simpson showed me his methord and my brake feels mint now. :) hope this helps if anyone more intelgant than my self could point out a reson why this would be not good for the brake or can see any fults let me know as i dont want to be giving out advice that is not correct and get the blaim but i have found this works best for me.

hope this helps :)

Jack (Y)