Does This Look A Bit Dodgy?

JoeM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zoo-Pitbull-Trials-m...1QQcmdZViewItem

My friend got out bidded on it about a month ago, I was a bit suspicious and asked him for a full spec and year off the bike. He replied saying

"Sorry i don't know much about the bike". I thought well to have such a well built up bike he must no something.

What do you think?

Edited by Joeee

Well, just going by the eBay listing, it suggests he knows what he's doing. Pictures of the bits people want to see, and a decent spec listing. So to say he doesn't know much about the bike is contradictory....

Certainly worth flagging up if someone has had something stolen in that area - but it doesn't SCREAM stolen.

Yea but the thing that made me wonder is that it's been relisted very soon after last time. This didn't make sense since it sold for £400 something. But before i give my friend the all go to bid on it I just wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen or looked stolen to any of you guys.

Yea but the thing that made me wonder is that it's been relisted very soon after last time. This didn't make sense since it sold for £400 something. But before i give my friend the all go to bid on it I just wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen or looked stolen to any of you guys.

Well. The person who won the bid, might have backed out or been a scammer. So he relisted it.

Or, he used a second eBay account to artificially raise the price of the bike, and went too far (i.e, he won the auction himself).

Either way - why not ask him?

Could be selling for a friend / son and couldn't be bothered to find out what you wanted to know?

Yea both of the above comments make perfectly good sense. You never know on ebay nowadays, my dad got scammed today for £40 so our feelings towards ebay are quite hostile...

bike is 100% not stolen i built most of it from new for my friend who lives round the corner,

he got scammed last time and the bloke didnt show up, so he relisted it.

bike is as new with only a few and i mean tiny scratches.

wheel frame and cranks have only had 5-6 rides at the most and he prefers street to trials,

bike is definately genuine and if i had the money it wouldnt be on ebay

steve

bike is 100% not stolen i built most of it from new for my friend who lives round the corner,

he got scammed last time and the bloke didnt show up, so he relisted it.

bike is as new with only a few and i mean tiny scratches.

wheel frame and cranks have only had 5-6 rides at the most and he prefers street to trials,

bike is definately genuine and if i had the money it wouldnt be on ebay

steve

Ah right cheers. Give my friend the all clear to bid on it. I thought when seeing the pictures of the downtube that it hadn't been ridden much.

Joe