What Do You Prefer 20" Or 26"?

zoo_whittington

Well it all depends on how tall you are im small so i ride a mod/20".

but i think when you get better you should go to stock because you can do bigger stuff on a stock

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

nothing to do with size.

craig lee scott rides mod.. he's not small

neil tunnicliffe used to ride a short stock and he's over 6ft

its all preference

You always get some people who are like mods shit or stocks shit because they have never rode one before. But im not like that ive never had a stock as im only 5ft4" and would feel crap on one so i just ride a monty! So anyone the same sort of height as me should (I rekon) go for something like a short mod, but it all come down to preference really i think. ^_^

Cheers Hendy

I have owned both 20" and 26" and I prefer 26" by a LOOOONG way!

I seriously think 20" are for kids (or just really short people) and once you have grown up then 26" are for adults. Obviously most people might not agree with me, but 20" bikes were origionally made for kids to learn skills before making the leap to mototrials.

Theres also the thinking that a bigger heavier bike to learn on will teach you more about body position and weight movment in a year than a 20" would in two years.

I personally found 20" to be uninspiring and boring. Sure you can gap large, sidehop big but when I landed I never got the satisfying feeling I get on a 26", maybe its because I feel 20" is almost cheating (I know its not, but thats the only way I can explain it) and that just took the good feeling away.

I have owned both 20" and 26" and I prefer 26" by a LOOOONG way!

I seriously think 20" are for kids (or just really short people) and once you have grown up then 26" are for adults. Obviously most people might not agree with me, but 20" bikes were origionally made for kids to learn skills before making the leap to mototrials.

Theres also the thinking that a bigger heavier bike to learn on will teach you more about body position and weight movment in a year than a 20" would in two years.

I personally found 20" to be uninspiring and boring. Sure you can gap large, sidehop big but when I landed I never got the satisfying feeling I get on a 26", maybe its because I feel 20" is almost cheating (I know its not, but thats the only way I can explain it) and that just took the good feeling away.

Yet again riders opinion and preference, it all comes down to what bike you learnt on, height, and just what feels more comfortable.

I could never ride a stock aswell as my mod. I feel perfectly over my bike and weight evenly distributed. As for stock my arms are not long enough and id be struggling to roll bike onto backwheel let along gap and sidehop on it lol

Cheers Hendyx :)

Edited by hendy

Then cheating would also be using lighter parts and using a good set of brakes.

I like 26" better because it's easier to roll up stuff.

hence the fact I said its not cheating, grippy tyres, good brakes, small frames could all be classed as cheating.

I couldnt describe my reasoning another way, when I ride mod, its almost too easy to move around and chuck about, I get a better feeling knowing I am doing it on a big bike and could do it on a smaller bike if I wished rather than the other way round.

I also like 26" for rolling up stuff B)

at the moment I ride mod, it's good fun fairly easy to ride fit's in my car (just). I have had a stock not all that long ago and I enjoyed riding it but my mod was still more fun and because i only ride for fun I changed back, if i was going to compete (high level) i think i'd change to stock because they feel much more stable and easier for uci. I also found my riding became very repetitive on the stock I would spent hours tapping and sidehopping but on my mod I fly around bunnyhopping and throwing in spins and stuff which is more fun.

• 1 year later...
ALL ONZA 26" ARE JUST TERRIBLE BUT THE 20" ARE GOOD

SO IF YOU WANTED TO GO 26" DON'T GO FOR ONZA THERE SO HEAVY

Wow, go put your digging shovel back in the shed and make sure you never bring it out again.

Oh, and that was a terrible post aswell.