Ipod Touch

Jimmy_c

Hi,

Got a iPod touch for crimbo (its amazing) anyway thinking of gettin one of those music players that u can plug ur iPod into.

Can anyone suggest which one to get? As I have no idea, had look but don't know whats what!

Also does anyone know if i can have msn messenger on it?

Thanks

James

P.a did this on the ipodtouch LOL!

Be aware that quite a lot of those things aren't compatible with the iPod touch, which is pretty annoying. Check before you buy.

I just use an Apple universal dock plugged into my hifi. If you've got an aux in on the back of your hifi, you can do that.

yeah, I'm on mine in bed now :):P

The Bose sound docks and portables are really good, just a little expensive. They do support the iPod touch so nothing to worry about there. The iPod touch is a bit of a grey area about compatible accessories like the griffen itrip for example because of the mini OS X on it, but same 30 pin bottom dock connector..

JBL do okay ones as do alter lancing. I'd personally recommend what tom he done which is buy the univesal dock for £35 then buy some non iPod specific speakers like the harman karmon soundsticks for £100 from amazon uk. They're not as portable but they do give you much better sound quality for home stereo speakers.

Hi, I got an Ipod touch for my birthday. I have one word of warning for you people:

When buying songs to listen to buy them on Itunes on the your computer not Itunes on the actual touch itself as I've downloaded a few songs/albums which have now disappeared. Therefore have gone forever(I think) I think they go when you sync the ipod to your computer, thats what I've read on the internet.

Anyone else had problems on their touchs? Other than that I love mine!

Adam

Edited by thesubway

Hi, I got an Ipod touch for my birthday. I have one word of warning for you people:

When buying songs to listen to buy them on Itunes on the your computer not Itunes on the actual touch itself as I've downloaded a few songs/albums which have now disappeared. Therefore have gone forever(I think) I think they go when you sync the ipod to your computer, thats what I've read on the internet.

Anyone else had problems on their touchs? Other than that I love mine!

Adam

When you plug your ipod touch into your computer, go into itunes and then file > transfer purchases (Y)

you might have to put your itunes account info in and then authorize that computer to play the songs you have bought (you can authorize up to 5 different computers)

hope that helps.

p.s

if you can, downgrade your firmware to 1.1 and then jailbreak your touch, it's well worth it.

They do support the iPod touch so nothing to worry about there. The iPod touch is a bit of a grey area about compatible accessories like the griffen itrip for example because of the mini OS X on it, but same 30 pin bottom dock connector..

Ah OK. Perhaps I was thinking of the iPhone - apparently because of the phone interference, some accessories don't work. This would suggest that the touch would be fine as there is no phone inside :) Best to double-check before you order though.

And yeah, I like the dock thing - you can use an Apple remote with it too. There are loads of other options though which I'm sure are just as good.

|EDIT: Urban Mammoth in first :pirate:

bit off topic but does anybody know how to get videos on their ipod touches as i can only get the ones which you download off itunes.

They have to be converted. If you have the videos in iTunes, try right clicking and converting to iPod. It sometimes works but it can be quite slow. If you have a PC, try Videora, for mac use iSquint or Handbrake (Which is also available for PC now it would seem). When they're converted, they should transfer automatically (so long as you have enabled video in the iPod options).

• 4 weeks later...

Completely up to you, the 8GB version is £199 and the 16GB version is £269. When new customers buy the ipod touch, they get the new software upgrade that is now out (mail, stocks, weather, notes, music lyrics for songs, movable widgets, multiple home screens etc) for free. It literally is the iphone now, just without phone call capability and camera.

I've had mine since it first came out and im happy with it, its very durable, i dont leave it in a case and its always in my pocket and the front screen does not scratch at all, unless you happen to chuck it hard on the floor, whilst the rear of the ipod will scratch, but that didnt bother me.

It's actual space capacity (for 16gb anyway) is 14.8gb ad ive got 1436 songs on at the moment and 8 videos and got 2.1gb left, so theres plenty of space to put in what you want.

You can also use jailbreak (i think its out soon for the 1.1.3 firmware which is the newest update) soon to get loads of other good applications for the ipod touch.

It is really easy to use aswell, everything is very smooth, you can access music volume, skip tracks etc without unlocking the phone completely so its easy to skip songs etc whilst your walking about.

Not really sure what else you want to know? If you want one and have the money, then go for it and get one :)

The only real problem i will say i've had with it, is that sometimes ive sync'd it, unplugged it from my computer, gone to my music and it says that there is no music, then find out that the whole ipod has been wiped clean and the itunes restore button doesnt work and i have to manually restore it instead and sync everything again. Thats only happened 3 times though and other than that i dont have any problems with it.

Edited by Bondy