Pc Problems

TomR

Was sitting here the other night listening to a few tunes and suddenly it cut to a load of hissy noise and has been the same ever since. Is running from the audio out to the aux in on my Hi-Fi. Any idea what on earths happened? I've tried every audio out on the PC and have the same problem, and its not the hifi as it plays my iPod through it ok, and CD's.

The PC's only a month or two old (home build) so i cant see that anything would have given in just yet?

Cheers for any help.

Have you tried using an mp3 player or similar in the AUX in to make sure its not the hi-fi at fault?

If the hi-fi is fine then it's definately the computer. Assuming you have xp try right clicking my computer, clicking properties and then going into the device manager from the hardware tab. Find the audio devices and see if theres any warnings or errors. Try uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them. If its got a dedicated soundcard (just wondering as you said every audio out) make sure the onboard is disabled in the computers bios and try loading windows without the dedicated card plugged in. Close windows and switch off the machine. Fit the card again (possibly to a new pci slot) and then install new drivers. Maybe try just the onboard sound as well, installing the neccesary drivers from the motherboard cd.

Something from that lot should sort the problem out.

Right.

I had this EXACT problem earlier.

After ripping apart a lovely lovely computer, it appeared to be my Motherboard being loose. As long as you have your Audio card inbuilt into your PC, and you don't run an external one, just check it. Blow on it, get all the "crap" out of the slot, put it back in, and it should work.

I would also advise, USE THE NONSTATIC WRISTBAND, or you will die. Seriously, those things have a BIG kick to them.

If in doubt, and it doesn't work...

KICKIT!