Ali C Bikes

Andrew Smith

i take it those bars are extended? they look good, if so how did u do it?

wood or ally turned on a lathe? glued in? Iolo was telling me about his bodged ones at that last shipley comp, but i'd probably be too scared to ride with them unless i knew they were safe...

Andrew

Edited by walker

i take it those bars are extended? they look good, if so how did u do it?

wood or ally turned on a lathe? glued in? Iolo was telling me about his bodged ones at that last shipley comp, but i'd probably be too scared to ride with them unless i knew they were safe...

Andrew

inur sells aliminum ones, he only had ones for monty pro bars which have a thicker bar so i had to wrap tap around the insert to fit my ti ones and then i hammered them in and you could glue them for even better fit. He may have got some for monty tis aswell now though. They are pritty wide so you can cut them to the lenght you want if there to wide and drill them to save weight if it bothers you. Ive used them for about 5month no problem. If you still are unsure run lock on grips aswell.

I dont need any, i was just curious, my 28" onza carbon bars are wide enough for my mod, if i go back to stock again, it might come up, i like the geometry of the monty bars and try-all rage bars. I could easily make some ally ones myself, got acces to a couple of lathes.

thanks anyway

Andrew

As far as ino the only pics of his mbk will be with ali, non where ever posted on here because he was riding for ashton at the time when he had it and had all logos and stickers taped up on it. You maybe able to find some pics of him riding it though in riding section, or you can see him riding it in the youtube videos in his signiture.