Trials Why You?

SAM69

HI,i would like to no why so many of you love rideing trials bikes? have you road mtb or some other sort of bike before,or is the skill or the goal/good feeling you get when you have climbed or dropped of that wall etc,?i just thought it would be good to see why you turned to trials?

I started riding motorcycle trials when I was 7, and stopped when I was 18. I bought a t-pro when I was about 16 just for something to do. Gets a bit boring riding the same thing on a motorbike, you're restricted to off-road.

But changing was pretty much the same thing but on streets, which is all good. Although now I'm getting a bit tiresome of it; thinking of going back onto motorbikes though now.

When I was 8 I got a bmx, then rode that for about 4 years until it collapsed, then I got my Trek 220, it was nothing like those pics, it only has the same frame, fork and stem now.

I rode that on jumps, skateparks, XC, a bit of trials, then I decided XC was my calling, so I got one of those, rode XC until I was 14. I bought a BMX at the same time, a 16kg Mongoose Villain.

I think I then got my first motorbike, but my Scott may have come first I can't remember.

Then I sold the BMX and the xc bike and got my Scott YZ0 when I was 14/15, which I rode abolutely everything on.

I bought my T-Pro in october last year, cracked it in january then had two months saving for my Zona frame.

A lot of time on, and more upgrades than I can remember, I have the two bikes in my sig!

All the expense , patience and accidents are worth the brief seconds when a move is performed correctly and effortlessly . The resulting release of endorphins binding with presynaptic areas of the brain causes a feeling of elation and stops me killin' hookers .

Ive always rode trials but ive always had brief lapses were ive rode trails on a bmx though, but found that with british weather being as unpredictable as it is the trails were only properly rideable for about a month out of the year so now im sticking to trials.

And i love when people stand and stare with their jaws on the floor when your riding a rail or something.

I used to ride dirt on my jump bike but wanted a change, many years before i saw the diamond back trials team (are they still about?) but it didnt really inspire me but last year we had our house plasterd and gary who did was really good i though on his python so thats what go me motivated to buy a trials bike last year

its the task to do something....the fact you can look at something and say i can get up there on a bike....

i done dirt jumping ad bmxing but with that its all about speed and guts, where i find trials is about skill and passion

wanting to do it is the goal in trials and wanting to improve....nothing to do with speed, its all bout skill

stuie x