Worldcup 08 Kortrijk

Mr.trial_dude

went to the worldcup today:)

saw everybody,stan,ali c,waddy ,scott,joe,burton...and all the pros.

don't know the results because i've left before the compitition endend.

it was very big ,the sections were had and some were very long.

nice event ,i was riding on the warmup zone with al the other riders who were present there, i prepare myself for a sidehop...SNAP handlebar broke in 2 .. brake cable snapped off.

i'm now on my fourth try-all stem ... everything got ok afterwards,gor new stem and the MAGURA stand fixed my brake with a new cable for free !! :o Servicee !!

trained a bit with butler and rafal ,well just rode with them for a while..;p

DJ was present on a hummer from redbull, veryy nice.

rock and concrete sections .

marc caisso ,gilles coustelier had 0 points the last time i checked ,don't know the end results though...

tommorw the 1/2 final and the final.looking forward to it.

It was really hot there (was indoor) but cool:)

stvn

Here are the results ot the semi finals 26” ...

- 1. Daniel Comas Riera 8

- 2. Kenny Belaey 8

- 3. Gilles Coustelier 10

- 4. Giacomo Coustelier 14

- 5. Vincent Hermance 16

- 6. AUrelien Fontenoy 18

- 7. Thomas Ohler 33

- 8. Wesley Belaey 40

and for the finals...

the winner is... GILLES COUSTELLIER !!!

the order of the 26" finalists is...

-1. Gilles Coustellier

-2. Dani Comas

-3. Kenny Beleay

-4. Vincent Hermance

-5. Giacomo Coustellier

-6. Aurélien Fontenoy

-7. Thomas Ohler

-8. Wesley Beleay

Got back about 2 hours ago, so tired everything aches!

Went with andrei and tom, was a great trip, had such a laugh.

Gilles coustellier is god, finished the final on 6, his second lap was 0!!!!!!!!!!!

To put it is perspective, giaco finished on 30, and vincents first lap was 21

My ride-Crap, sooo disapointed with my result, couldnt get it together, my score was embarresing! :(

Brit results-

Andrei 11th

Danny B-13th

Ben Savage 16th

Joe Oakley 20th

Ali c 25th

Me-27th

Pat Donovan-39th

Waddy-40th

Stan-41st

Iolo-42nd

Tom rankin-19th (First ever uci comp!!!)-20"

Got a few pics of the finalists warming up ( Comas was taking the p*ss!!!), and got some footage on andrei on his camera.

Well done to everyone, see you all next time!!

Scott

What a trip! Was such a fun weekend and saw THE most amazing riding i have ever seen, the semi and the final was so hard and really pushed even the top riders.

Thanks to Andrei and Scott, we had a reet lafff.

Well done to all the Brits, we had a great turn out and everyone gave a really good bash! Cant wait for the next one

xxxx

Bens just left my house for another 3 hours of driving back to his house, was an awseome trip, we got back at about 2 am this morning. HAd to have a sleep on the ferry home and an hour in the car as i was tiered from staurday night lol.

The comp was good and the sections were about the right level i think, the flags were annoying and confusing though. my riding was pretty poor, too early in the year lol and still ill. Think Joe oakley had a top ride a second lap for just 1! if he could have had 3 laps like that he'd have beaten the font. Rob did really well to finish 8th in qualifying and tom to qualify to. Ben qualified for semis in his 1st world cup to.

Really looking forwards to Barcelona, hopefully be able t get some practice in before that :> hopefully there will be loads of brits there again to!

Edited by grantham

Just to say you forgot

Rob Poyser 16th First time at world cup on 20" very good ride

Dave B

Ah sorry, how could i forget rob, he was riding mint, 20" was a good choice!

My congratulations go to Andrei, highest placed British rider and to Scott for a great performance against some tough competition. Also congratulations to all the British riders for such a great effort in flying the flag for the UK.

Thanks very much :)

There was some tough competition, 49 riders in 26"

We worked out that in the top 10 only 2 of the riders hadnt been a world champion before, so the riding level was very high

Well done to everyone, you all still got your bellys from christmas not worked it off yet lol No ben slinger? he not do international comps anymore?

Ben's injured at the moment, im sure he'll be back strong later on in the year, Yer everyones still fat from christmas, the amount of 5s going down in the final especially on the 1st lap shows that its really early in the year i think, although gilles was an animal!

Slinger is sat at my house at the moment in his cast, and i wasn't full of crimbo pud couldn't ride because i have had me foot in plasta and came out of it the week before the world cup so i wasn't to worried where i ended up but it would have been nice to do a bit better. but role on barcelona and then i will be able to get some decent training and physio on me foot because i was really struggling to do anything at the weekend so where i ended up was just what i could manage. :rolleyes:. however i am off to france soon to get me new frame sorted and then we will be on it. would also just like to say thanks to all the lads that were there it was a really good laugh and can't wait til barcelona should be a right good time. :D

Wa a really good event. Very very pleased with my lap of 1in the quali's. Is pretty unreal to be honest. Shame about the other two laps, but was enough to qualify. A bit pissed off about the semi's. My head just wasn't in it. I know for a fact if i rode like i did for that lap of one, i could of been top 15, but oh well. I will just have to do it in barcelona instead.

Was a brilliant trial, cheers everyone.

Got loads of photos.

Complete results of the finals of this world cup #1... incredible gilles !!!

Final Elite 26" :

podium26-2-869fe-2535f.jpg

- 1 - COUSTELLIER Gilles FRA 005100 000000 total = 6

- 2 - COMAS RIERA Daniel ESP 500125 100001 total = 15

- 3 - BELAEY Kenny BEL 052550 100030 total = 21

- 4 - HERMANCE Vincent FRA 155550 001050 total = 27

- 5 - COUSTELLIER Giacomo FRA 005550 055500 total = 30

- 6 - FONTENOY Aurélien FRA 105555 205550 total = 38

- 7 - ÖHLER Thomas AUT 525550 335550 total = 43

- 8 - BELAEY Wesley BEL 555555 555555 total = 60

Final Elite 20" :

podium20-2-9f026-b6933.jpg

- 1 - ROS CHARRAL Benito ESP 024300 520352 total = 26

- 2 - DIAZ CODINA Carles ESP 553542 555555 total = 54 1x2

- 3 - SERWIN Karol POL 355555 353555 total = 54 0x2

- 4 - HOFFMANN Sebastian GER 455555 552555 total = 56

- 5 - THOMÄ Marco GER 455555 355555 total = 57

- 6 - MROHS Matthias GER 555555 355555 total = 58 ½F:4

- 7 - KOEKOEK Rick NED 555555 553555 total = 58 ½F:5

- 8 - KELLER Roger SUI 555555 355555 total = 58 ½F:8

Final Women :

- 1 - MOOR Karin SUI 030250 010540 000120 total = 23

- 2 - ABANT CONDAL Mireia ESP 331254 421223 321253 total = 48

- 3 - ABANT CONDAL Gemma ESP 531252 225551 131231 total = 49

- 4 - PESENTI Julie FRA 555551 135551 145151 total = 63

- 5 - BRIEDEN Elisa GER 455555 255555 252355 total = 78

- 6 - HERVAL Lea FRA 555555 555555 453555 total = 87

Direct link to the article where you can download complete results of the competition !

yer sweet sections on saturday, really enjoyed riding them,

then on sunday, my trials ability just switched off! lol

sure somthing just happened to us over night, me and joe were especially struk down by this overnightriding ability absence, but hey, never mind, we had a good crack anyway, and the trip was worth it just to see gilles in the final, amazing!!

roll on barcelona, need to add about 3 feet on to my sidehop ability then i should be ok, lol!!!!

rob

Congratualtions to all (Y) everyone did a good job.

Sounds like a right laugh, hopefully il try make it to Barce, we should all stay fairly close to each other???? will be a good crack.

Who books in where? which hotel etc? which flights?

Also could someone just confirm to me exactly which bits i need from British Cycling? so i can confirm it to which forms i send off. i suppose it doesnt help throwing forms away when your a bit pee'd off from being injured over xmas :lol::P

Cheers.

Wayne.

yer sweet sections on saturday, really enjoyed riding them,

then on sunday, my trials ability just switched off! lol

sure somthing just happened to us over night, me and joe were especially struk down by this overnightriding ability absence, but hey, never mind, we had a good crack anyway, and the trip was worth it just to see gilles in the final, amazing!!

roll on barcelona, need to add about 3 feet on to my sidehop ability then i should be ok, lol!!!!

rob

that b*****d riding ability snatcher.

I'll get him. Barca should be godd. :)