Base Ta26

Ben Davies

easy to bunnyhop? i need to be able to chuck it about, and it needs to be good on the back wheel, i know the seat tube is 9 inches centre to centre, but how long is it all the way to the top?

cheers guys!

still got my pure! :(

I loved mine, absolutely great fun. They just bunnyhopped over everything and anything you rode towards, even with any ridiculous size stem on them. They sit well on the back wheel and flick happily onto it because of the short chainstays. While they aren't long by todays standards they are fast and responsive, so if your looking to do trials and have fun pulling off manuals, bunnyhops and spins they're a perfect choice. For the money as well its worth buying one just to see how you fair with it before moving onto something else. I had mine for well over a year and i'm heavy and not too smooth so don't listen to the people who say they break a lot (usually the kind of person that starts dropping off 7-8 foot drops before being able to gap 3 feet).

I had 2 of them back in the day, they both lasted about a year! 1 snapped at the chainstay to bb yolk area, and the other snapped at the maggie mounts. Spose there alright if you dont thrash them to hard. Found them a good bike for learning the basics on.

... absolutely great fun...

Pretty much correct , it's geometry seems to inspire streety , spinny riding and once the supplied bashplate is removed , not overly heavy . Mine ( shown in link in my Signature ) is stable and obedient on the rear wheel , and features some pretty clean welding , given how inexpensively they're now available . Apparently their geometry is similar to Echo's famous Pure frame ( previous version with seatpost . )

I really wanted one of these frames but I didn't realise they only had V mounts, which isn't bad except for I have no idea about good V setups..and if I decided I didn't like it I couldn't switch back to a maggy except for evo mounts, which I now have on my saracen, and f*ck that.