Chain Reaction

The Duck

Ordered a wheel truing stand mid last week, delivered on friday but nobody was home. Went to the sorting office to pick it up on saturday morning, they had sent me what was basically a blue pole in a box for my 80 quid (repair stand extension). Tried ringing them and got a recorded thing saying all their lines were busy, please try later - but they are f**king closed on saturdays!! So thats obviously crap. Tried a few more times on the off-chance over the weekend - nothing. Emailed them on the saturday - still no reply. Just tried phoning them again - engaged, engaged engaged.

Really really pissed off.

Noticed somebody having problems with them the other day too?

What can i do?

My mate orderd avid juicy seven pads and got sent bb5 pads!! and on the reciept it said avid juicy seven pads and the codes didnt even match the bb5 pads !!! he was pissed off

Edited by Mod-Mike

Ahhh watch out mate.

They "lost" my brake till i told them i had it recorded and it had been signed for,.. The phoned the next day to say it arrived.

Also mate sent his toxsin off i think. They said it never came ( Again he had recorded ) He said he was getting legal action.. Again they phoned next day to say it arrived.

So be carefull with what you do.

Chain reaction are based in Northern Ireland and are proboby the biggest mail order company in the bike business in the UK. Until a year or so ago they didn't even have a shop, just a huge warehouse. From my experiance they are top notch, my first port of call if I can't find somethng on tarty or cleanbikes etc.

• 2 weeks later...

They don't answer the phone do they, I think they just leave it off the hook as I guess the only people who phone are people who have problems with their order. I called a few times yesterday to track what has happened to an order and used the 'ringback' feature if you press 5, and it didn't ring back then. Maybe they only exist in the internet, as 1's and 0's.