Broken Tpa

Tamness™

but if all it is doing is spinning the this it's in, then the screw isn't going anywhere and therefore, is not doing anything!

:- I kneww thaaattttt ^_^

hold it with a spanner :mellow:

seriously...

Yeaaaa makes sence now, never done it so yeaaaaa

I've hit the problem of not being able to remove the grey bit from inside the glod/brass coloured bit the red knob used to sit on. The way my mate has snapped it, there is nothing to grip onto to take it out. Is there anyway to remove it or is it nackered?

There is a much nicer way of doing it so the bolt stays inside and doesn't look any different from a normal TPA, looking for it on the wiki pages.

Edit: Right found it but is for using a bolt going through the whole lever blade as a TPA.

This pic shows the nicer way to do it.

Tpa_replacement.jpg

First you must remove the all the lever inards, keeping the old TPA bolt to take reference from.

Next get an allen key head M5 bolt that is relatively short and cut a groove in the head similar to that on the old TPA bolt so that it fits snuggly over the grey plate type bit.

And there you are, a nice new TPA bolt that can just be put back in and the lever put back together. Depending on the length of the bolt it can now be adjust much more than before.

Edited by ZeroMatt

I've hit the problem of not being able to remove the grey bit from inside the glod/brass coloured bit the red knob used to sit on. The way my mate has snapped it, there is nothing to grip onto to take it out. Is there anyway to remove it or is it nackered?

where the bolt goes theough the lever blade into the lever body, there's a small metal tube

push this out then the other bits will fall out!