Ineed Opinions

vinny.p

It's your funeral (Y)

Thought about this before (I have a post on it somewhere) The outcome was that they would be too long, would be flexy and would have poor longevity.

However, the shortened version that muelio uses on here for mod would theoretically be under less stress and perform slightly better.

I opted for a set of Echo controls in the end, they may not be as pimp but they're much stiffer and not a huge ammount heavier!

the crown doesnt look too pleasing.

the legs and the dropouts sound strong BUT the crown where the steerer is pressed in doesnt look owt special, they look like a cheap crown off a cheap pair of sus forks.

Stick with what is proven, all these new 1 piece steerer design forks. those carbon ones wont be very light either, might be a touch heavier than a pair of control/urban forks.

Wayne.

It's your funeral (Y)

Thought about this before (I have a post on it somewhere) The outcome was that they would be too long, would be flexy and would have poor longevity.

However, the shortened version that muelio uses on here for mod would theoretically be under less stress and perform slightly better.

I opted for a set of Echo controls in the end, they may not be as pimp but they're much stiffer and not a huge ammount heavier!

Thanks for the quick reply but ive already got controls, the only reason i want a change is because i havent got vee mounts and ive just bought a front vee

Any other ideas?

you're not likely to get a decent set of forks without a disc mount

cut it off?

I think i should just explain a few things before we carry on.

1. I want new forks not adapters.

2. Im not assed if they have disc monts or not, as long as they have vee mounts.

3. I would like some decent ideas on what to get not cutting forks up lol.

THANKYOU! Are they better than the controls that i already have, because if not i might as well just get some more controls with vee mounts (even though i fancied a change).

i'm not sure there's much difference

:unsure:

what forks?

there you'll see someone else has already had this discussion

v!z forks seemed to be popular in that thread, bit much though compared to the echo forks.

Edited by Disasterboy