Why Spray?

CRANK BRO

HI guys i should be getting my frame and forks next week and need to spray the frame white.Do all of you spray your own frames?I was going to get it sand blasted then plastic coated but its like getting a company to do it nobody seems bothered in doing it and im not the best at spraying always get runs and i rush things.any ideas please? :(

Powder coating generally gives a better finish, is a little more resilient to knocks, and can give a more even coating.

Painting (DIY) can be cheaper and easier, plus quicker, and if you're likely to be changing colours a lot this can be appealing. It's also easier to touch up little scratches etc.

Professional spray jobs will cost around the same as a powder coat, and have a great finish to them, but will still be a little more prone to chips etc than powder.

If you but the stuff from halford it will cost youunder 2o quid :)

2 or 3 cans of vw candy white ( very nice white) some scouring pads, primer ( if needed) and laquer if you want aswell.

The bast thing is to take your time, light coats, plenty of light on the part your spraying so that you can see any runs :) also ideally you want a well ventilated room to minimize dust :)

cheers conor.