Hello....

riddler

i just joined on the forum. was directed to this site the other day whilst we were having some work done in our house :P

i have a trials bike but have never really got round to learning the art of trials, i ride it around but have never really grasped how to ride trials. thought id join on here take a look see what everyone else is upto.

any advice on how to learn trials? or is it just a matter of practice???

cheers

dan

also currently on the saracen iv got normal v-brakes (not hydraulic) would it be better to have hydraulic brakes? and would it be better to have disks or normal pads?

another question is currently this bike does have gears. if i was to get anothr bike would it be better if it was just a single gear no actualy gears??

some noobie questions sorry :rolleyes:

I wouldn't change the bike if your a starter. One of my first bikes was a saracen mad, and they are ideal beginners bikes. If your set on buying a new bike check here. Don't know about the onza's but the phase is the new version of your bike (mad split from saracen and now do phase bikes)

With the brakes, people will argue that a vee can be just as good as the other two, and people will say hydraulics and disks are best, so it's mostly down to preference.

Should hopefully help you a bit.

Oh and single speed is usually seen as lighter as you don't have the mech or cassette on the back. But it means that you have to stay in the same gear(obviously) and can be annoying if you have to pedal quite far to get to the riding spots.

Edited by yoyoyo

Just echoing what others have already said, the bike you have is pretty good to learn on when you consider alot of us started on full size mountain bikes with the seat down theres really no need to buy a new bike.

A full top spec mighty trials machine won't give you super trials skills, you've gotta learn it all, and it takes a LOT of patience!

And hello :)

Hello mate. Stick to the rules, try and use correct spelling and punctuation and you will be validated in no time (probably before me) Oh yeah, no buying or selling in new members chat! Just giving you a heads up mate. You will be able to buy or sell when you get validated. If you need anything do not hesitate to ask.

CHIGS

just keep riding, the bike you have is easily good enough to start you off on.....have a look at "tricks and stunts" - halfords or "mastering the art of trials" by ryan leech...both great sources of information that'll help you along nicely

i just joined on the forum. was directed to this site the other day whilst we were having some work done in our house :P

i have a trials bike but have never really got round to learning the art of trials, i ride it around but have never really grasped how to ride trials. thought id join on here take a look see what everyone else is upto.

any advice on how to learn trials? or is it just a matter of practice???

cheers

dan

what bike do you ride?

i don't think u told us

what bike do you ride?

i don't think u told us

it is up there somewhere but ill get across the details anyway.

i am currently riding a Saracen Mad 6 Trials Bike. the frame has recently been reinforced after a slight scare with a crack in the frame but its working again. totally standard at the moment, looking at upgrading it in the near future though.

will get some picks of the bike in its current state soon. ^_^

i am currently riding a Saracen Mad 6 Trials Bike. the frame has recently been reinforced after a slight scare with a crack in the frame but its working again. totally standard at the moment, looking at upgrading it in the near future though.

nice one mate

thank you

yeah i think i missed the bit where you said what bike you ride.

just a little question..... where is this crack ? lol

nowhere to dodgy i hope =]

lol welcome to the forum dude and i hope riding treats you well.

if you practice trhe basics on your current bike you should improve nicely and with little amounts of cash now and then buy new bits =]

would definatly go for a hydrolic rim brake for the rear pretty soon though =]]]]

will make learning a whole lot easier dude

need any questions answered just post em up :)

the crack was along the back part of the frame going towards the gear block have got some pictures of it somewhere. dad fixed it up and reinforced the frame with extra metal and got the crack welded up sooo shuldnt snap again.

cheers urrmmmmm think i have asked all the questions i need to so far, think of anymore ill fire them away :P