Chain Tensioner Not Holding My Chain Tight.

tris

i have an onza singlespeed bike. the problem is that the tensioner (onza tensioner) keeps coming loose or something and slackiong my chain. the tenisoner is not spring loaded and has one of those orange rollers. after about 3 hours riding the chain becomes really loose, REALLY LOOSE....slowly but surely it gets looser. it ataches to the mech hanger and the rear skewer bolt. i tighten the shit outa it but still it comes loose. whats its problem?? im goin to buy a spring loaded tensioner if i cant fix this, any ideas how to stop it slacking??

cheers

i have an onza singlespeed bike. the problem is that the tensioner (onza tensioner) keeps coming loose or something and slackiong my chain. the tenisoner is not spring loaded and has one of those orange rollers. after about 3 hours riding the chain becomes really loose, REALLY LOOSE....slowly but surely it gets looser. it ataches to the mech hanger and the rear skewer bolt. i tighten the shit outa it but still it comes loose. whats its problem?? im goin to buy a spring loaded tensioner if i cant fix this, any ideas how to stop it slacking??

cheers

:lol: my onza does the same thing. :lol:

Proberly because your useing a skewer and you need fun bolts that you cant really tighten up. Try tightening the mech hanger bolt up alot tighter. if that doesnt work then unless you get something like a pro2 with bolts you can tighten up loads theres nothing you can do.

tend's to happen with these tensioners!, when your riding in future every say 5 minute's just turn round and check your tension ifit's starting to go abit push the tensioner firmly down so chain tightens back to normal and your sorted, just get into a routine of doing this every so often and you'll be fine (Y)

tend's to happen with these tensioners!, when your riding in future every say 5 minute's just turn round and check your tension ifit's starting to go abit push the tensioner firmly down so chain tightens back to normal and your sorted, just get into a routine of doing this every so often and you'll be fine (Y)

Though if you can push it down with your fingers it ain't gonna be tight enough...

Mine was fine when i used a QR and the secondary bolt on the dropout on my old DMR tensioner. I then changed to a pro2 hub and tightening it with just the dropout had the problems you lot are having.

I then decided to bolt it in using the pro2 bolt and it worked pretty well, only coming loose every couple of rides.

Take as many links as you can out of the chain, but so that it still fits

put the tensioner on but put it under the chain

so the chain runs over the top of it.

then tighten the mech hanger bolt, cable tie the tensioner under the chainstay.

tis what i did with my DMR one, and they're both pretty much the same

Ben

Edit: tell me if you want a pic!

Edited by Benjaminge

yeah i tightened the crap out of it and if i did any more i would snap the mech hanger off.

also it gradually becomes more slack, when i try and push it back down its still tight so i cant push it down again without undoing the bolt first.

good idea about the cable tie, im goin to try that.

yeah i tightened the crap out of it and if i did any more i would snap the mech hanger off.

also it gradually becomes more slack, when i try and push it back down its still tight so i cant push it down again without undoing the bolt first.

good idea about the cable tie, im goin to try that.

you may need to make a slight modification to the tensioner though so that it can be pushed up

you may need to cut off the hole that the skewer goes through

onza.jpg

the bit circled red

Ben

Edited by Benjaminge